Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was going to put some AS5 on the gigabyte NB heatsink since I got my tube in today. So i took off the northbridge which at that time I noticed the sound of something snapping. Well it has 2 plastic pins and a spring for each one right....however part of the pin broke at the end so I tried and tried again but I could NOT get the northbridge to stay back on...I'm guessing that I can't use it and have to order an aftermarket now? I may just order the Blue Ice Pro since I like the blue LED anyway but if this is fixable I don't have to.....i'm pretty sure i screwed it up though hah...

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
You broke the end piece of the pin? Like the piece that hooks to the bottom of the motherboard? If so, one of my CPU HSF pin is broken from down there as well. I folded up a piece of paper and jammed it in the hole while stabbing the pin down, if there is any piece of your pin left. >_>"

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Personally I would get the sprit extreme II, that thing rocks.

Also you can get some threaded rod and cut it to about whatever length you need then get some teflon/plasitc washeres and some nuts for the back and a couple of thumbnuts for the top and put it on like a waterblock.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX22
View Post

Personally I would get the sprit extreme II, that thing rocks.

Also you can get some threaded rod and cut it to about whatever length you need then get some teflon/plasitc washeres and some nuts for the back and a couple of thumbnuts for the top and put it on like a waterblock.

Well my Arctic freezer Pro 7 has a hard time fitting a lot of HB heatsinks...like the P5N-E one didn't fit perfectly. Wow that sounds complex >.<

As for a new cooler I don't need a really good one since the DS3R's NB and SB stay quite cool and my case is LED accented with green cables so the Blue Ice Pro would be a nice touch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am about to get the same mobo and just have a quick question. I have heard that the Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro doesn't work too well on the DS3P. Were you able to mount it to the DS3R without any modifications or problems?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts