Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very minor kink in my system that I've managed to semi sort out using a cable tie.

My temps are fine and everything I was just wondered if I should be worried about it?

What could potentially happen to my system or wouldn't you worry about it?

·
Happy Dad
346 Posts
zip tie, call it a day.

• Rep+
Reactions: CM690

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0sse
View Post

zip tie, call it a day.

Yeah I've done that to sort of straiten it out so you think that'll be fine? Don't want to put strain on my pump or burst a pipe somewhere

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
It's just a small amount of restriction, as the tubing flattens out and loses area. You could get some anti-kink coils, or just keep the cable tie on it. The worst thing that will happen is that your pump will work a fractional amount harder. You shouldn't burst a leak, but if it kinks completely, your flow will become a trickle, and your pump may get overloaded.

If it's really turning into a problem, buy a pair of 90 degree adapters and turn the curve into a rectangle.

• Rep+

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDeodorant
View Post

It's just a small amount of restriction, as the tubing flattens out and loses area. You could get some anti-kink coils, or just keep the cable tie on it. The worst thing that will happen is that your pump will work a fractional amount harder.

In general, this.

Small kinks wont effect your loop much, it only gets to be a problems when your kinks start losing most of their area and block the flow of water. Anti-kink coils normally fix this problem, or you can try angled fittings, but those are a lot more expensive than the coils. I could go on all day about minor losses and such in a loop but it would be complicated and no one but engineers would probably understand it.

• Rep+

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So by the sounds of things its fine then
I'll just keep my eye on it and make sure it doesn't kink completely.

When I get some money though I'm going to sort it out with a 90 degree adapter

Thanks +rep

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,324 Posts
anti kink coils, if its getting as complicated as this, invest in some 45 and/or 90 fittings,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts