Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other KinzuAdders:

rawkd's Kinzu v1, v2 Pro / DA 3Gv2, 3Gv3
4mp459's Kinzu v1 / DA ?

My Kinzu v2 Pro died a rather sudden unexplained death, so I pulled the guts from my DeathAdder 3.5G, hacked up the Kinzu chassis, and built myself a KinzuAdder.

450
450
450

I had to remove a fair bit of plastic from the Kinzu case. I'll post some photos, in addition to the wiring diagram I'm using, later today.builds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The caps on the DA board are a bit bigger than the Kinzu's - the height of the caps means some fitting was needed. With the assistance of some wire snips and a rotary tool I removed some plastic from the Kinzu's case.


450


The DeathAdder and Kinzu have inverse pinouts for their data cables. I soldered the DA's connector to the Kinzu cable, since I wanted to keep the Kinzu's retaining nub. The added bulk around the shrinktube meant some more work on the underside of the case.

450
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been using a silicone adhesive to hold the DeathAdder's CPU/censor board in place. Because of the board's dimensions, the rear case screws are obscured. I suppose I could have drilled holes for these, but I already had the board mounted by the time I thought of it. In place of the rear screws, I used another blob of adhesive. This should hold just fine, but means that future repairs are out of the question.

450

450

450
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some PureTrak skates on order. I was feeling impatient though, so I stole the boots off my Kana (current production seems to include PTFE skates).

450

Nice flare.
450

The finished product is just as sweet as I thought it would be.
450
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
You can cut Deathadders PCB a little bit to make it fit perfect inside the shell and you can put cover on also with screws.
I have done that with mine and it fits perfect. Its kinda RISKY too but there is a fix for that also. I have done it with my Kinzuadder.
http://i.imgur.com/WkxXR.jpg

That isn't my Kinzuadder but thats how you can do it if you want to screws to fix bottom.

You will love it if you love Kinzu's shape. Great job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was worried about damaging the board. It's a real pain to see the traces in the DeathAdder PCB, so I couldn't tell what I'd have to repair if I cut or drilled too far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's how I wired the boards together. Doing it this way will map the Kinzu's DPI button to the DeathAdder's back-button. I forgot my pinout notes at work, so these are unlabelled.

450
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet. I wonder if those DA boards have different dimensions than the 3.5 - it looks like you were able to clear the case screws nicely.

I'll update the first post with links to other builds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
wow good work +rep
but i think that the da 3g sensor is still better than the 3.5g one... better lod you know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toopz View Post

You can cut Deathadders PCB a little bit to make it fit perfect inside the shell and you can put cover on also with screws.
I have done that with mine and it fits perfect. Its kinda RISKY too but there is a fix for that also. I have done it with my Kinzuadder.
http://i.imgur.com/WkxXR.jpg
That isn't my Kinzuadder but thats how you can do it if you want to screws to fix bottom.
You will love it if you love Kinzu's shape. Great job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonfoxes View Post

I was worried about damaging the board. It's a real pain to see the traces in the DeathAdder PCB, so I couldn't tell what I'd have to repair if I cut or drilled too far.
cartoonfoxes would you think that If I was to make a kinzuadder V2 pro 3.5G as you it would be possible to cut the Razer PCB to make the screws fit?
You mean the traces are not visible on the Razer pcb?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
I always wondered if Steelseries will get the message from all us going for a KA. Like "your mouse shell is alright". Next up they will start selling empty shells.
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyshak View Post

I always wondered if Steelseries will get the message from all us going for a KA. Like "your mouse shell is alright". Next up they will start selling empty shells.
tongue.gif
Not a bad idea, although I suspect the V2 Pro is a ok mice.
selling a complete Kinzu for xx USD for retail price propably has higher profits then selling a Kinzu shell for 10usd
biggrin.gif


ps. Looking at the Deathadder unofficial megathread looks like the 3G Revision3 and 3.5G use same exact PCB, so I propably can dremel the DA PCB and install it into my Kinzu V2 Pro
smile.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by toopz View Post

You can cut Deathadders PCB a little bit to make it fit perfect inside the shell and you can put cover on also with screws.
I have done that with mine and it fits perfect. Its kinda RISKY too but there is a fix for that also. I have done it with my Kinzuadder.
http://i.imgur.com/WkxXR.jpg
That isn't my Kinzuadder but thats how you can do it if you want to screws to fix bottom.
You will love it if you love Kinzu's shape. Great job.
That's a Razer 3g revision 3 right?
Comparing it to the 3.5g an reading megathread I think it is EXACT same PCB

I need to start practicing soldering on a dead motherboard, I have bougt a used DA
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonfoxes View Post

Here's how I wired the boards together. Doing it this way will map the Kinzu's DPI button to the DeathAdder's back-button. I forgot my pinout notes at work, so these are unlabelled.

450
Is this order applicable to the DA BE?
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top