Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to do it. I was wondering if there are any other threads on it. Im going to hook up my nb and CPU blocks together and just run one in from the sink and 1 out to the drain. It will give me cool temps for benches. anyone tried this?

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
This is funny. I just was thinking about this earlier. But tap water is impure and will build up gunk in your water cooling loop

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playapplepie
View Post

This is funny. I just was thinking about this earlier. But tap water is impure and will build up gunk in your water cooling loop

Its only for temp runs. I will clean it out afterwords.

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unicorn
View Post

Its only for temp runs. I will clean it out afterwords.

I guess it would be worth a shot, but you also have to think about factors such as air already in the water line that could mess things up.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I believe he means he will be running cold water straight from his sink faucet through his Water cooling loop, then straight into the drain of his sink, thus a constant flow of ice cold tap water.

edit: You all type too fast =/

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopxsticks
View Post

I believe he means he will be running cold water straight from his sink faucet through his Water cooling loop, then straight into the drain of his sink, thus a constant flow of ice cold tap water.

Yes, we know that. The issue now is the air already in the water lines that will mess things up for him.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayce185
View Post

Any further details on this? I don't really know what you mean with a kitchen sink cooling, but it sounds interesting

More details. Im going to run it from the Sink into the block out into the chipset out into an upside down cut (top of a pepsi bottle) So when the water comes through it will fill the tube with no air water only and it will overfow out of the cut bottle keeping water moving safe

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Cool water through those blocks would cause condensation.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Funny, should work in theory, give it a go!

You could use a device to limit the rate at which the water flows into the block, should help cut down on air I think.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by STN71190
View Post

Cool water through those blocks would cause condensation.

It will be at a constant non condensing temp. Like warm mixed with cold to stay constant without the need of the water even heating up for the benches.

Also I will not have the water on full blast. It will be at a low rate.

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopxsticks
View Post

edit: You all type too fast =/

Ehem. I actually drew it

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Quote:

View Post

It will be at a constant non condensing temp. Like warm mixed with cold to stay constant without the need of the water even heating up for the benches.

Also I will not have the water on full blast. It will be at a low rate.

Ahh, I say go for it then

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankThis
View Post

Ehem. I actually drew it

I know. You forgot the out and the Chipset block lol

I repped you for it
Im going through with this now. Gotta go to the store and get some Drink. This is gonna be fun.

It actually seems logical unlike the fridge thing. I will have an unlimited constant flow that I can personaly adjust. And yea. It will be fun

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I know. You forgot the out and the Chipset block lol

I repped you for it

Thank you good sir

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankThis
View Post

Thank you good sir

Your welcome.

This isnt going to fail everyone. Plus I have this motherboard for one more night. Im getting a better 680i tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts