Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
InstantAli3n
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

AMD "Promontory" chipset will be rather feature-rich: it will connect to processors using PCI Express 3.0 x4 bus (up to 4GB/s of bandwidth) and will support USB 3.1, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports; one PCI Express 2.0 general-purpose port for various controllers; Serial ATA-6Gb/s and SATA Express port(s). Since "Promontory" platform controller hub (PCH) will rely on a single 4GB/s interconnection to microprocessor, do not expect it to enable a lot of 10Gb/s USB 3.1 ports along with numerous fast SATA Express ports.

In fact, the crucial input/output interfaces of AMD's next-gen client PC platforms will be integrated into APUs and CPUs themselves, according to a block diagram published by BenchLife web-site. AMD's future microprocessors will built-in processor-direct storage controller: next-gen AMD FX "Summit Ridge" will feature a PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe port or one PCIe 3.0 x2 along with two Serial ATA 3.0 ports, whereas less advanced "Bristol Ridge" and other chips will support PCIe 3.0 x2 NVMe and two Serial ATA 3.0 ports (or one SATA Express). The upcoming processors will also incorporate four USB 3.0/2.0 ports as well as audio, SPI and LPC interfaces.
SOURCE: http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/anton-shilov/amds-next-gen-pc-platform-processor-direct-nvme-storage-promontory-pch-usb-3-1/

First news post, how did I do?
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

All of that looks quite credible, AMD has ditched AMx sockets, they have been saying this for ages now.
Except for that AMD presentation from literally yesterday when the people in charge of the entire company were all on stage with their powerpoint presentation listing that AM4 would be the next socket. But no, guess they wont use an AMx again... [/sarcasm]

·
Adclock.net
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

Except for that AMD presentation from literally yesterday when the people in charge of the entire company were all on stage with their powerpoint presentation listing that AM4 would be the next socket. But no, guess they wont use an AMx again... [/sarcasm]
YOUR HTML IS FAULTY, you forgot to put [sarcasm] to start the mark up, You simply ended it with [/sarcasm] with no starting point nothing will happen!

·
Premium Member
15,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

All of that looks quite credible, AMD has ditched AMx sockets, they have been saying this for ages now.
I see. I don't follow tech news anymore, I pretty much analysed the article itself on its own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.