1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
PC Enthusiast
3,528 Posts
Doesnt look like it will fit any thick radiators in the front, if you plan on having 9in+ long graphics card(s).

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Needs moar HDD racks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurking Ninja View Post

I just bought my new htpc/server case, saw this, and instantly thought I had pulled the trigger too soon. However, no external 3.5 for bluray means a no go for me.
There's a slot for a slim drive on the front side. Dunno if they make Bluray drives in that format.

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
There are BR readers and recorders in slim factor for notebooks etc.

The layout is weird tho, especially for the HDDs in the back..."Vertical" like that? Why?
No rails to mount/swap them? I get it not being tool-less, but having so much space and doing it this way seems counterintuitive. Yes, they try to have the HDDs in the direct airflow path, but this is a roomy enclosure for "just" 8 drives and airflow wouldn't be different if those where horizontal...

I just think cabling will be a nightmare back there. I would much rather have a SATA hardwired HDD bay system, or simply a properly spaced cable harness provided that would keep things simple and clean. It's not too much to ask, this is not rumored to be that cheap of a case.

·
Registered
996 Posts
if they had just rotated the psu 90 degrees i and shortened it up by that much I think this would be a better case. as it stands a modder will fill that back space up with rad's anyways.. i just think the case could have been that much smaller without sacrificing the too much of the ridiculous amount of HDD space

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
this is like the mATX variant of the Air 540D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

this is like the mATX variant of the Air 540D
I will probably use this case for a matx build in the future, looks quite promising.

edit- while watching the video, the double 240/280mm radiator support in the top looks awesome. Along with 2 more in the front (both sides) means you could theoretically build a triple sli/cf matx system in here.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Seems like it would be a pain to install hard drives.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.