Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Today I went into band class and my teacher was gonna throw away his Klipsch Pro medias because of a dead sub, I QUICKLY jumped on that and asked for the chance to have them to fix for myself... And I am glad to say I now have to troubleshoot them and hope for the best.

I hooked up everything and the speakers themselves are working fine, but nothing is going on with the sub woofer... I opened it up and saw nothing noticeably wrong with the setup inside like a broken wire or anything. I saw that one of the cables on the back of the sub that connects into it (the cable that controls the volume and subwoofer volume) is sort of bent because it was pressed up against a wall... could this be something I need to look into to see if that is disconnected?

Do you guys have any ideas on what I should be looking for to fix this exactly? If not, can people help me find things to troubleshoot??

I can see this being a pretty fun project, I really hope that the amp didnt die or something, but I believe that if the amp was dead the speakers wouldnt work either correct??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts