Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a pair of PC350 headphones.. I love them, if I could, I would have their babies..

Neway, back on topic..

The headset has seperate jacks (1 for Mic, 1 for speakers), I can plug the speakers in and they work well. BUT!
Do you know of any nifty adaptors to allow me to plug them both into my Iphone and use them as speakers and mic? (want to be able to be on the phone with them)

Ive had a brief look but couldnt find any.

Thanks and Regards,
Aus.

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ausknight View Post
Hi All,

I have a pair of PC350 headphones.. I love them, if I could, I would have their babies..

Neway, back on topic..

The headset has seperate jacks (1 for Mic, 1 for speakers), I can plug the speakers in and they work well. BUT!
Do you know of any nifty adaptors to allow me to plug them both into my Iphone and use them as speakers and mic? (want to be able to be on the phone with them)

Ive had a brief look but couldnt find any.

Thanks and Regards,
Aus.
Good luck. The little 2.5mm and 3.5mm headphone jacks can only support two channels. Which means, you'll either have stereo sound in your headphones, or mono sound and a mono mic. And I doubt the latter is supported, but you never know...

My guess is, if there was such an adapter, it would have to be plugged in to the bottom of the phone, where you'd normally dock it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
http://www.yourcablestore.com/Stereo..._p_21-211.html

That should work.

Unless the iPhone is a 3.5mm jack? then use this

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-3-5mm-...d_bxgy_e_img_b
Doesn't that just duplicate the stereo signal?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
Doesn't that just duplicate the stereo signal?
It depends on the jack it's going into. I'm not sure if the iPhone supports a dual jack connection, but my phone does. (LG Rumor)

But as you said, it becomes Mono on both mic & Headset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts