Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i have the 180 degree connecting pipe and 2 plastic blockers (both are different). One is solid which is the one it came with. The other one which is the that came with the connecting pipe looks very similar but it has a channel going through the center. Anyone know what one to use? Also do I take the plug out of the bottom that connects both resevoirs or how does fluid enter the second one?

I'm pretty confused. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Could you Upload a pic? Mind = Blown
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I did... Its saying to mount the connector inside the left bay, and install the 180 degree fitting. But it doesn't say weather you need to combined the two bays or not. ... It explains how to connect the two bays but doesn't say if this will benefit a dual pump setup or not.
I'm just assuming you would our how would water enter the second bay with the blocker installed into the left bay?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if I have the left res bypassed how does water enter the left res.... ? If I don't combined the two I imagine it will work like this

in (right) res>pump>180 degree connector>pump>left res arcryalic bypass>left out... So the left res would be empty if I had this setup?

Maybe I'm asking my question wrong so I might just need another perception. If you had this res 452x2 rev 2.0 and 2 PMP-450's how would you configure this?

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
The order is:

In>Right res>Right pump>Out>180 Connector>In>Left res *or Bypass left res*>Left pump>out

In a serial setup the left res in un-needed, it looks like there is a performance loss from using it (I'm guessing pressure loss/excessive turbulence in the left res as the right pump will pump straight into it). If it was me, for serial pumps, I'd install the bypass and connect the two res (makes one larger right res), there's no performance difference connecting/un-connecting the two res with the bypass installed but just for aesthetics you'd have liquid in both sides.

Since you have two pumps there's also the option for 2 loops (with a shared/connected res), that's how I've ran my loop in the past and liked it - if you have Vario pumps you can run a different speed in each loop as necessary if your trying to reduce pump noise at all, overall temps though are largely unaffected with either 1 large loop or 2 small.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much for that info. Makes sense I guess... I was just confused due to lack of detailed instructions. I don't like to guess when it comes down to making sure things are configured correctly the first time. Measure twice cut once right.
smile.gif

I'm thinking about just removing the 180 degree piece and connecting P1Out, and P2In, to just the rad and P1In and P2Out to the blocks. Do you think that would make things more efficient? I imagine it would be a very clean look and increase cooling performance because the rad into the reservoir is a very simple loop with no blocks less restriction... cooler water quicker I'm thinking.,

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
The order doesn't really effect the efficiency, most commonly suggested is put the rad(s) straight after the pump(s) - the extra turbulence in the rads is supposed to be beneficial. I think I'd be more concerned with making a clean loop with short tube runs and not many tight angles.

Your idea will be fine, I think I'd still use the bypass and have one res though. Partly I'm thinking they included it for a reason and partly there's just no need for two res in a serial pump setup. If you use two be careful when filling it, I had two of These in serial and managed to overflow the second res
redface.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
was asking myself the same question ,thanks.

love the pump in serial as im using 2 480s in a h2xspc.

seems that the trash settles in the p2 side and makes easy clean dont ask me way .

·
Registered
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow01505 View Post

Okay i have the 180 degree connecting pipe and 2 plastic blockers (both are different). One is solid which is the one it came with. The other one which is the that came with the connecting pipe looks very similar but it has a channel going through the center. Anyone know what one to use? Also do I take the plug out of the bottom that connects both resevoirs or how does fluid enter the second one?
I'm pretty confused. Thanks guys.
I am confused too. According to the Koolance info, your Rev 2.0 should have come with the pipe. It would also include the blocker to be used if you install the pipe. So, one blocker already installed for non dual pump serial use, and one for dual pump serial use.

See this link.

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
The instructions were clear enough to me ... the great pictures make it all pretty self explanatory I thought.
I am running two pumps in serial. I have the left reservoir blocked off from pump 2 so there is not two reservoirs in the loop, U pipe installed and bottom plug removed so reservoirs are joined giving pump 1 a larger reservoir.

both reservoirs hold water for pump 1. Pump 1 pumps straight into pump 2 and pump 2 pumps out of the bay res.

The clear plastic blocker with the L shaped channel in it is the one you want to install. The part you take out is not really a blocker, its an anti tubulance / air bleeding piece identical to the piece installed on pump 1's side.
That might be the confusion about having 2 blockers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tho this thread is old i now have the same qheating......i installed this into my loop with the blocker on the left side, currently running two pumps in serial with the u pipe connecting them. I also have that top screw removed to join the two reservoirs but lookING at the left res it looks like nothing is moving inside of it................why is that

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlando View Post

Tho this thread is old i now have the same qheating......i installed this into my loop with the blocker on the left side, currently running two pumps in serial with the u pipe connecting them. I also have that top screw removed to join the two reservoirs but lookING at the left res it looks like nothing is moving inside of it................why is that
Because nothing is moving inside of it. When set properly for pumps in series the left res just holds extra water for the right res. Its only connected to the loop by the small hole at the bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts