·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro
Koolance Exos black w/ blue LED's.

Any good?

http://www.koolance.com/shop/product...products_id=88

comes with everything needed except a water block, and those are easy to snag.
I've asked the same question previously on the forum and the general consensus is NO. "A kit like that is at best what decent air cooling is" It is truly not worth the cost. Well they look sexy... so if that's all you want. But if you want performance I'd say research and use your 200 to buy the seperate parts... It'll give you the fuzzy feeling of doing it yourself which is a plus.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL
LOL!!!!!!!!

what does this fuzzy feelinh feel like?????

whow much are the mach ll's i think they are worth looking at
If the Mach II is the Phase Change cooler then your looking at 550 for a Prometia Mach II and 931 for a Prometia Mach II... If your looking into those prices look at the VapoChill LS too....

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL
LOL!!!!!!!!

what does this fuzzy feelinh feel like?????

whow much are the mach ll's i think they are worth looking at
Damn man... nearly 1300 posts... you are an addict

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mach II & Mach II GT's are better than the Vapochill units when the load temps are compared. While my unit Never get's hotter than -30c the vapochill can get over 0. Hot!

You may still want to check out the vapourchill units, there are a few different types and I haven't seen the test results on all but, The people in the know Always go for the Mach II's

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1
Mach II & Mach II GT's are better than the Vapochill units when the load temps are compared. While my unit Never get's hotter than -30c the vapochill can get over 0. Hot!

You may still want to check out the vapourchill units, there are a few different types and I haven't seen the test results on all but, The people in the know Always go for the Mach II's

Haha... what is the world coming to when 0 degrees celsius or fahrenheit is considered "Hot!"

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I have an idea..

How about someone from the forums puts a kit together that people can buy.. like whoever said something about it not being worth it but buy seperate parts. Someone put a kit together and I will definatley buy something. I'm just scared I would buy the wrong stuff.. I'm clumzy like that.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Nice idea but not practical I'm afraid. There would have to be different machines for different price brackets & with the technology and prices changing so fast it's not possible.

Let alone the fact that choosing which make of CPU to use would generate enough posts to flood the forum server!

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoSoVaR
I have an idea..

How about someone from the forums puts a kit together that people can buy.. like whoever said something about it not being worth it but buy seperate parts. Someone put a kit together and I will definatley buy something. I'm just scared I would buy the wrong stuff.. I'm clumzy like that.

Duh Duh Duhhhh

There is no need for that as our very own DeathONator solved this problem... not to mention thousands of posts on the subject....

http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=1867

That thread is a basic tutorial and runthrough that will tell you the basics on a custom water set-up... once you get that down feel free to ask for anything you are still unsure on.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that homemade is much more cost effective, but im a very avid gamer, and I attend many lan parties. Its hard to win any money at competitions if im carrying a round a pump and other stuff, thats why i thought the exos would be easier to grab and take with me. Idk tho

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20040630/index.html

"With thermal resistance of 0.15-0.17 K/W (depending on mode setting), the Exos provides excellent cooling performance."

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
That's exactley why I said... what I said. I'm to dumb for that article.

Okay I'm reallyu not that dumb but I'm just too lazy.

Okay maybe i'm not lazy, I'll go through it tomorrow.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

I know that homemade is much more cost effective, but im a very avid gamer, and I attend many lan parties. Its hard to win any money at competitions if im carrying a round a pump and other stuff, thats why i thought the exos would be easier to grab and take with me. Idk tho
I beg to differ. There is no reason why a home made watercooling setup would make it hard to win any money or anything like that. Look at the many setups people have. Many if not most are fully contained within the case itself. In reality a Koolance exos which you would have to strap down to your case for a lan is more cumbersome.

http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=4497

Captain Bawsack's is a perfect example of the fact that the entire system can be mounted and contained within the computer. Think about it, cost effective and a better performer. Unless you really don't have the aptitude or are truly lazy there is no solid reason to get a koolance exos... i'm gonna check on the asetek waterchill kits... if you truly want ease they may be a better option... i must say... read some reviews... google what you can find and see how they perform in real life

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The asetech thingy

The Waterchill also performs well with the standard cooler and 7 V. With 0.33 K/W, the thermal resistance is low. By increasing the voltage to 12 V, a marginal improvement (0.32 K/W) is achieved, but the higher noise level is not justified. On the other hand, considerably improved cooling performance is attained with the Antarctica cooler. Thus, the Waterchill reaches a value of 0.25 K/W. Even here the increase in the fan voltage only brings about minimal improvements. The noise level of the cooling kit is 53 dB(A) with 12 volts and a quiet 44 dB(A) with 7 volts.

Exos
With thermal resistance of 0.15-0.17 K/W (depending on mode setting), the Exos provides excellent cooling performance. You have to find a compromise between cooling performance and noise level with the Exos as well. The differences between the individual settings are only marginal with the Exos, however, with good results obtainable in mode 1 and 2. At a decibel level of 43.4 dB(A), cooling is pleasantly quiet. The number 3 position, in contrast, should only be used by those who are not bothered by noise, as the Exos is pretty loud at 56 dB(A). Cooling performance doesn't change substantially either in that setting.

Exos still looks nicer

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

The asetech thingy

The Waterchill also performs well with the standard cooler and 7 V. With 0.33 K/W, the thermal resistance is low. By increasing the voltage to 12 V, a marginal improvement (0.32 K/W) is achieved, but the higher noise level is not justified. On the other hand, considerably improved cooling performance is attained with the Antarctica cooler. Thus, the Waterchill reaches a value of 0.25 K/W. Even here the increase in the fan voltage only brings about minimal improvements. The noise level of the cooling kit is 53 dB(A) with 12 volts and a quiet 44 dB(A) with 7 volts.

Exos
With thermal resistance of 0.15-0.17 K/W (depending on mode setting), the Exos provides excellent cooling performance. You have to find a compromise between cooling performance and noise level with the Exos as well. The differences between the individual settings are only marginal with the Exos, however, with good results obtainable in mode 1 and 2. At a decibel level of 43.4 dB(A), cooling is pleasantly quiet. The number 3 position, in contrast, should only be used by those who are not bothered by noise, as the Exos is pretty loud at 56 dB(A). Cooling performance doesn't change substantially either in that setting.

Exos still looks nicer

Wow... I thought this was an english speaking forum

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If you are looking for a good kit look on this site, the kit's they have are very good. It is an english site but you can see the list of all the kit.

www.over-clock.co.uk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts