Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
If you caught this weekend's GameTrailers TV, you're probably well-schooled in Sega and Obsidian Entertainment's Alpha Protocol, the "first modern-day spy role-playing game." If not here's two minutes worth of introduction.

Making RPG-style character progression work in a realistic settingâ€"more realistic than, say, Mass Effect or Final Fantasy, for exampleâ€"always seems like a challenging thing to get right. We're not sure if Obsidian has pulled it off, but if they do, it may bode well for that in limbo Aliens RPG the developer was working on.

Make sure to stick around for the chinstrap bearded bad guy at the end. He looks like the Abe Lincoln of the terrorist underworld. Not something we see enough of. Evil dead presidents, I mean.
Video in Source

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Graphically this game isn't stunning.
But, I've been following it alot since the developer diaries and overall its shaping up to be like Mass Effect in modern times. I'm interested in this one. I just hope it doesn't take place completely in the Middle East. I'm getting quite tired of the whole orangy dusty scene for modern games. Where are my jungles and maybe some modern day set cities?

Quote:
holy crap, talk about news flooding much.
Its all valid news. None of it is against the rules and alot of people find it useful

1 - 5 of 5 Posts