Overclock.net banner

[Kotaku] Army of Two: The 40th Day: Whatta Drag

586 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Sacre
Quote:

Oh, don't get me wrong. EA Montreal's Army of Two sequel looks like a blast. It's very pretty. Textured just the way we like it. It's just the name â€" Army of Two: The 40th Day.

See, when we learned that the game was going to carry the secondary title with the acronym "TFD," well, we had our hopes set on Army of Two: Total Fistbump Destruction, a title suggested by Kotaku commenter strawberrycream. Then EA is all "It's actually Army of Two: The 40th Day!"

It's like when you're set on having a lavish sushi dinner, then a last minute change forces you to have a freezer-burned microwaved burrito instead.
Source
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Hah, can't wait, loved the first one. If this is more of the same with some new weapons/missions, I'll be in heaven.
See less See more
hope they make the guns more distinct this time around.
the first one all the guns under their respective categories all felt the same (there was nothing to distinguish all the sub machine guns from eachother etc.) when you fired em.
the gameplay was nice, but as was suggested things need to be more unique all around.

IMO, the customization on the mask needs to be completely opened right down to custom mspaint drawings if wanted. I WOULD LOVE to put the letter F on one cheek, and U on the other cheek. That would satisfy me in ways no woman could.
I thought the first game was terrible. I really liked the idea of co-op games like this and would like to see more but I had high hopes for Army of 2. The gun customization was really cool though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboGrassanoid
View Post

hope they make the guns more distinct this time around.
the first one all the guns under their respective categories all felt the same (there was nothing to distinguish all the sub machine guns from eachother etc.) when you fired em.

Yeah, I agree - they need to pay attention to things like accuracy, ROF, spread, stopping power, and recoil. Even if slightly unrealistic, they should have had each gun have a strength in at least one and a weakness in at least one, with average on the rest. (More expensive = better quality all around)

Quote:

Originally Posted by superk
View Post

the gameplay was nice, but as was suggested things need to be more unique all around.

IMO, the customization on the mask needs to be completely opened right down to custom mspaint drawings if wanted. I WOULD LOVE to put the letter F on one cheek, and U on the other cheek. That would satisfy me in ways no woman could.

Yes, that would rock.
A built in paint tool with graphics and stuff (think Rock Band's custom tattoo maker!) to make your own masks would *rock*.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skatingrocker17
View Post

I thought the first game was terrible. I really liked the idea of co-op games like this and would like to see more but I had high hopes for Army of 2. The gun customization was really cool though.

Well, it's a boring game solo or if you're playing with a random schmo online - but if you're playing with a good friend/family member, having a few drinks, and just having fun, it's fantastic.
See less See more
WoW!! Look at the M4, the casing are ejecting from the wrong side, and they look like 22lr casings!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre View Post
Well, it's a boring game solo or if you're playing with a random schmo online - but if you're playing with a good friend/family member, having a few drinks, and just having fun, it's fantastic.
I played it with my best friend all the way through, it was fun a times but it is definitely not a game I would ever play by myself. Hopefully this one is better.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by skatingrocker17 View Post
I played it with my best friend all the way through, it was fun a times but it is definitely not a game I would ever play by myself. Hopefully this one is better.
Definitely not a game you should play by yourself... it's designed for two players. You CAN play it with one player, but it's not designed for that.
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.