Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
We've been here before. It's time to tell you about a new Assassin's Creed.

This part went oh-so-well a year ago. Many of you were enthusiastic back then about a new character, a new continent and a new era. Many of you were not as enthusiastic in the fall, when you played the resulting game, Assassin's Creed III.

Can you be excited this time?
http://kotaku.com/5988249/be-excited-about-assassins-creed-iv-and-be-skeptical

After reading this, I am very excited for this game and not because its an Assassins Creed game but because its an open world pirate game which I have been craving since sid miers pirates. Sailing the open seas? leading an enemy ships into storms? Whaling? Exploring Nassau, Havana and Port Royal as well as many carribean islands searching for treasure through jungles and hunting animals?

I want this game.

However as the title states be skeptical, I thought AC3 was terrible and too american preachy.

·
Registered
653 Posts
They're draining this game hard

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I still haven't been able to finish AC3. I played all of the other games all the way through when I got them, but AC3 I haven't played it since like a week or two from launch.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I completely lost interest in this franchise after ACII, I'm one of the people that Desmond and the whole Animus thing annoyed the heck out of me but I still enjoyed the game for what it was. But as soon as they threw gods and doomsday predictions into the mix it just killed it for me. Though a good open world high seas adventure game sounds awesome to me, at least, on paper it does.

·
Banned
4,324 Posts
Yeah I played the first one twice I think. And then started playing second one and got bored 30 minutes into it. I quit and have never touched a Creed game again

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I honestly haven't been interested in an Assassin's Creed game in a long time. The story is interesting, but the monotony and repetition gets to me. After a couple of hours, everything starts to feel the same, just in different places.

They have an opportunity to get rid of a lot of the repetition in an open world game like that, but I'm not holding my breath. If they do somehow break free from the same three moves with the same three missions, I may actually get it, but we'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glina View Post

Sea battles were the most fun I had with AC3, so I hope there will be more of that in AC4.
I hope it's all about sea battles.

Only redeeming quality of AC III.

·
PC Gamer
3,186 Posts
i got AC1 for 5eur and stopped playing in damascus/third city cause it was sooo repetitive. i got AC3 with my evga 660 ftw and for some unknown reason i got in uplay also for free AC2. bought AC brotherhood for 15 eur but revelations is not available in my local vendor. so i am kind of collecting the games but not playing and it costed me 20eur altogether
smile.gif

i guess the watch dogs will be the thing to buy and AC4 has some serious great cinematics. just hope they will be able to get that level of reality in games in a year or two, well maybe with 14nm gpus it will be possible to get reasonable fps
smile.gif

best
revro

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For me I thought AC 1 was kinda mediocre, AC2 was pretty good for the time, AC Brotherhood was also good, AC revelations was okay and AC3 sucked.

I thought the whole desmond plotline was awful and it had no place being in the game and made no sense.

However the sea combat was the only good thing from AC3 and it seems they are going to make it a primary feature, too be honest the game could not even be an assassins creed game and I would be happy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts