Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Rather than the staggered release of the first BioShock, 2K plans on a simultaneous release across all three platforms for BioShock 2.

Speaking to CVG, a 2K spokesperson has confirmed that the plan is to release BioShock 2 on the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 at the same time. This is great news for PlayStation 3 owners, who had to wait nearly a year for the original game to show up after the PC and Xbox 360 versions were released.

2K also told CVG that details on BioShock 2's multiplayer component would be coming "soon enough". Soon enough for whom, however, remains to be seen.

Source

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Come on 2K, don't nerf PC single player for the console 'tards...True gamers know what they want, and it was in Bioshock 1.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Woot Woot PC another game to add to the PC collection it better be better then the 1st.

·
Premium Member
11,021 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by S2kphile
View Post

Woot Woot PC another game to add to the PC collection it better be better then the 1st.

As long as it is half as good as the first, it will be great.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

2K Games has told CVG that the company is "aiming for simultaneous release" of BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The company didn't specify a time for this simultaneous release, but GameStop gives us a potential guess, at least for North America: October 5. Since CVG is a British site, we've asked 2K to clarify the region to which the article refers.

2K also told CVG that it would release concrete details about BioShock 2's multiplayer "soon enough," which is clearly not true, because we don't have said details right now. Or ... now.

Source

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylence
View Post

Except that its not called "Sea of Dreams" anymore....

good, sea of dreams is kind of weak for such a great game.

·
Banned
4,683 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull
View Post

Come on 2K, don't nerf PC single player for the console 'tards...True gamers know what they want, and it was in Bioshock 1.

They're not nerfing anyone. The 360 isn't much different to code for than PC is but PS3 may cause them to shift resources in order to get that part out at the same time. So it's one of 3 things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Mudkipz

Speaking to CVG, a 2K spokesperson has confirmed that the plan is to release BioShock 2 on the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 at the same time. This is great news for PlayStation 3 owners, who had to wait nearly a year for the original game to show up after the PC and Xbox 360 versions were released.

Proof positive that the Ps3's harder coding does hurt their business. This can also be observed with 'The Orange Box'. Again, they need to ditch the cell for the next release and aim to be just as compatable to code for as xbox and PC.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Quote:

View Post

This.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Have they given a release date yet?

Quote:
The sequel to 2K Boston's underwater shooter is set for a PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 launch this fall, according to CVG
Source

That's all I've got for you.

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
I'm guessing this is probably because this time they have the core already ready for all platforms. Sure, they have to add some stuff like multiplayer, but for the most part it's all modular. (different maps, models, etc -- all 3 can read these files)

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
Cross-platform multiplayer please!

Even if it's just Xbox 360 and PC I'd be happy. All of my friends tried me to get Shadowrun for the PC and play it back when it first came out, but at the time you still had to pay for Games for Windows Live, so I said screw that.

Now that Games for Windows Live is free, I'm waiting for the next popular cross-platform game I can play with all my friends that have Xboxes.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redmist
View Post

Cross-platform multiplayer please!

Even if it's just Xbox 360 and PC I'd be happy. All of my friends tried me to get Shadowrun for the PC and play it back when it first came out, but at the time you still had to pay for Games for Windows Live, so I said screw that.

Now that Games for Windows Live is free, I'm waiting for the next popular cross-platform game I can play with all my friends that have Xboxes.

Its hard to do crossplatform releases because of balance and several other things.

The mouse is undeniably quicker and tons more accurate then the controller. There is no denying it.
I'm not denying that many prefer controllers over mice when it comes to gaming though.

Not to mention, networking differences and performance/hardware factors come into play too.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt
View Post

They're not nerfing anyone. The 360 isn't much different to code for than PC is but PS3 may cause them to shift resources in order to get that part out at the same time. So it's one of 3 things.

Most cross-platform titles get the single player 'nerfed because the console tards that will outbuy the proper gamers by 2:1 or so simply can't understand it, don't get it, can't beat it, whatever. They end up nerfing the plot entirely, making it FARRRR too easy, perhaps catering more to a boring DM/TDM/CTF multiplayer which pisses true gamers off. True gamers, like most people on OCN, want a good storyline to go right along with that boring deathmatch. This is why I loved Bioshock...100% epic storyline, no BS, no DM multiplayer, no dumbing down for the console 'tards, it had a difficulty curve that did more than twitch...it was brilliant.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

This is why I loved Bioshock...100% epic storyline, no BS, no DM multiplayer, no dumbing down for the console 'tards, it had a difficulty curve that did more than twitch...it was brilliant.
This.

Quote:
True gamers, like most people on OCN, want a good storyline to go right along with that boring deathmatch.
You'd be devastatingly surprised how many people (including people on OCN) don't care about the story, and only give a rat's arse about the multiplayer. Which is sad in every way IMO.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts