Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
New OCN got me like...
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: Kotaku

Quote:

While that may sound a bit stupid, there are a few scenarios where it'd come in handy. Like a media centre rig where you don't have enough power outlets for a TV setup (along with consoles and sound) and a PC. Or if you want a monitor somewhere you wouldn't want a computer lying around, like the kitchen or a workshop.

This is so COOL!

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
This is interesting I can imagine it coming in handy for an Apple computer to look ultra chic

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
this...could...be...i dont even know if this would be cool. does it even work well? like if i had a computer in my room i could have a secondary monitor in the next one?

·
PC Enthusiast
3,511 Posts
Dont see the purpose. If I want to see Movies in another room, I just use the Playstation 3 that is there

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
I think its a good idea, have a fairly decent GPU in your rig, use the wireless connection to enable a netbook or something to play any movie, etc.

·
Registered
344 Posts
dont know about the world but I sure do need one. Playing PC games with my big TV in the living room would be awesome.

·
Registered
614 Posts
It isn't wireless when you need a wire to connect the wireless receiver unit to the output device...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryceo;11993370
Running Crysis on a 10 inch net book... Blow people's minds.
You wouldn't be playing it or running it on a net book, you would simply be outputting via its screen (after you wire your netbook to its wireless receiver box). You would still need your PC's mouse and keyboard to control it I think.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
I like the idea, but the price is a big nono. maybe when this is commercialized more and substantially cheaper. I'd definitely get one for mobile gaming!

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowtek;11994431
I like the idea, but the price is a big nono. maybe when this is commercialized more and substantially cheaper. I'd definitely get one for mobile gaming!
Yes, newer technology usually demands a higher price.
I suppose that Amimon circuitry/chipset is not cheap.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts