Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
georgehotzeff.jpg

Quote:
You may remember that George Hotz, the hacker/rapstar who jailbroke the PS3 and then got sued by Sony, solicited donations for his legal defense. You may remember that Hotz and Sony recently settled. You may wonder what he's doing with the leftover donations. Don't worry, he didn't forget where they came from.

Hotz today posted a screengrab of a receipt showing a $10,000 payment to the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Source

Screencap

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn;13197165
Having met GeoHot myself, he's a really cool guy. Definitely walks the walk and talks the talk haha.
If you don't mind telling, where and why did you meet him?
smile.gif

·
Registered
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldnapalm;13197797
r u doubting him?
It looks as if he was politely asking...
I'm sure the OCN gangsta can handle himself.

·
Software Developer
7,231 Posts
I think his punishment should be having to play online 24/7 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, against only aimbotters/wallhackers with high pitched children's voices, whom none of which paid for the game, on a TV with no mute feature.

While his scores/stats and video footages of him playing were posted online for others to enjoy.

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Why are there so many haters of Geohot? He is just a guy who is very curious about consumer technology. I wish more people would be as ambitious and interested about the inner workings of hardware and software.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Cause people think he is solely responsible for allowing piracy on the PS3 for some stupid ass reason. I thought I hated people when I worked at McDonalds, I still find the general population is still incredibly ignorant this includes a huge chunk of OCN posting things with out thinking or sources to back it up. Though OCN isn't as horrible about it other web sites piss me off with the shear stupidity of the commenters.

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj;13198683
Cause people think he is solely responsible for allowing piracy on the PS3 for some stupid ass reason. I thought I hated people when I worked at McDonalds, I still find the general population is still incredibly ignorant this includes a huge chunk of OCN posting things with out thinking or sources to back it up. Though OCN isn't as horrible about it other web sites piss me off with the shear stupidity of the commenters.
Dude, people ordering at McDonald's are feaking idiots. I haven't actually worked for McDonalds, but I've done work at McDonalds during business hours and damn, people are arses, dumbasses or both.

Anyways, I don't get the GeoHot hate either. Sony fanboys maybe?

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj;13198683
Really? Cos I've provided plenty of sources as to why I think he's a docuhebag in various threads, as well as a lot of people who defend him like he's some kind of savior of mankind.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootsfox;13199681
Dude, people ordering at McDonald's are feaking idiots. I haven't actually worked for McDonalds, but I've done work at McDonalds during business hours and damn, people are arses, dumbasses or both.

Anyways, I don't get the GeoHot hate either. Sony fanboys maybe?
It's his personality. He can appear very childish at times when he isn't getting his way.

The donation thing really upset some people. Geohot said he wasn't going to settle for anything less than what he was demanding. People wanted to see him win in court so they donated money so he could have a fighting chance. This outcome was a disappointment for those who put money into this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts