Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
"Microsoft's "Project S", a secret strategy game that we uncovered earlier today, isn't a Halo title. It is, however, being worked on by former Age of Empires developers.

Robot Entertainment, a studio that was formed by ex-Ensemble staffers following the closure of the venerable PC developers, appears to be the team responsible for "Project S""
http://kotaku.com/5581838/microsoft-...-strategy-game
http://kotaku.com/5582009/ex+age-of-...-strategy-game

Doesn't NDA's mean anything anymore?

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronom View Post
I hope they made a Age of Empires 2 remake, that would be frickin awesome
Yes it would. Did not like AoE3, but AoE2 is one of the best RTS games ever made.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
From the basic looks of the launcher the name seems kind of bland :x But thats just my opinion.

It could be interesting if theyre involving more RPG elements in it abut they got a lotta work if they want to top Age of Empires. That was really successful. I actually just reinstalled AoE: Gold Edition a few weeks ago. Good times

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karasu View Post
I love how neither of them appear to have not even read the article.

From the basic looks of the launcher the name seems kind of bland :x But thats just my opinion.

It could be interesting if theyre involving more RPG elements in it abut they got a lotta work if they want to top Age of Empires. That was really successful. I actually just reinstalled AoE: Gold Edition a few weeks ago. Good times

I simply agreed with the statement that an AoE2 remake would be awesome.

Evidently it does not look like it will have anything to do with the AoE franchise, which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
The makers of the best RTS of all time (AoE2) making another RTS? Sign me up. Move over SC2, we have something real coming.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:
Among the questions being asked of potential alpha testers for Project S is whether they've played other PC strategy games, including StarCraft, Warcraft III, Age of Empires and Farmville.

The game has quests, so I would say its probably more of an Age of Mythology DotA than AOE.

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Yeah AoE2 was amazing. Or even better. Maybe they could get working on frickin starcraft 2!!!

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,445 Posts
I love AOE2.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Well well, I hope they go back to their roots, as I didn't liked Age of Mythology or AoE3 one bit, but I spent countless hours in AoE2.... way more than the hours I spent in Starcraft...

I'll have my eyes on this.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Why didn't they do this sooner? Like they shun the PC then are working on an RTS that is going to get smashed by Starcraft 2 and MS will say "see people don't buy PC games".

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
"Project S; as 'S' looks like the number '5'... thus they are clearly working on Age of Empires 5!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts