Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
B.O.W
26,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

• The PC version will be able to run on PCs from a few years ago, but the alpha version will only run on high-end PCs
• Can be run on 512MB of VRAM and above
• Alpha test starts soon
• Square wants to make it possible to play with your friends from FFXI
• Character customization won't be fully available in beta (can't change facial features)
• There's a mode for restoring HP while moving
• The plan is the make the maximum number of members in a party between 6 and 8, and there will also be alliances
• The important things in battle are distance, range, and direction
• There will be magic you can use while moving

http://kotaku.com/5489945/here-is-so...al-fantasy-xiv

Can't wait.
I signed up for the beta awhile ago but I just resigned up (which invalidates my first one) but this time with the key I got from FFXIII.

• Rep+
Reactions: rocky11111

·
Registered
822 Posts
Wait so you get a beta key for XIV in XIII?

If so, I'm grabbing it tomorrow.

·
Gaming Enthusiast
2,174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrowfool
View Post

Wait so you get a beta key for XIV in XIII?

If so, I'm grabbing it tomorrow.

You just use it to apply for the Ps3 beta, which you could do anyway without it (increased chance of getting in? perhaps). Doing so also nullifies your PC application, though.

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
I signed up for the beta for FFXIV awhile ago too. I was not a fan of FFX, so I am not going to get FFXIII since those two are very similar.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Signed up for the beta. A friend told me about this game today, and this just reminded me about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Add the XIV to the title Omega.

Beside that... I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!

Edit: Also the key that came with FFXIII is to applay just for the PS3 Beta, the PC beta needs no key.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Damn, resubmiting your application to beta resets it? cause I signed up like 2 months ago but forgot and just did again then remembered was like uhm

·
Registered
750 Posts
i dont mind so much if i dont get into beta... but the game right now has its own short stroked hdd just for ffxiv. LOVED ffxi played since release, quit recently due to my daugter being born and couldnt put in the needed time to play

·
Registered
750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dontpwnmebro View Post
So this game is gonna be a monthly subscription game right?
most likly.. its really a need so they can keep there servers running... if it wasnt monthly it would have ingame money that they sell or in game items that they sell... they need the money to keep servers up to date and running safely... it would be bad news if they didnt know why there server crashed and millions of gamers got booted in the middle of a dynamis run or something

1 - 18 of 18 Posts