Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Capping off a fairly terrible fortnight of news surrounding Call of Duty developers Infinity Ward comes word this morning that Modern Warfare 2's map pack is one of the most over-priced pieces of downloadable content we've ever seen.

I don't think this is a repost, but apologies if I missed this news in one of the many threads complaining about MW2.

Source

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
it has been posted.

don't think it was posted in the new thread but over in the games. anyways, doesn't matter much to me. $15 is not that bad considering i have been playing that more than BC2 due to the server issues that EA is still having.

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by killerhz
View Post

don't think it was posted in the new thread but over in the games.

Ah, of course. I checked the news thread back for a week, but I forgot about the video games section.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Eh, that is something I will probably not buy. There are going to be too many others making maps that you will be able to get for free.

I paid $60 for the game. The rest should be free. Especially with the crap going on with the servers.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDeodorant
View Post

Ah, of course. I checked the news thread back for a week, but I forgot about the video games section.

better seen here though.
i rarely hit the video game section here on OCN.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
I hope it's free for PC, It looks like it will be as it's not set up for DLC on Steam like other games are.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244
View Post

I hope it's free for PC, It looks like it will be as it's not set up for DLC on Steam like other games are.

It better be free for PC or else Activision is going to have a lot of PC gamers never buying from them again.

DICE has said all their maps will be free. Lets see if Activision still thinks they are untouchable and tries to further screw PC gamers.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244
View Post

It won't be free for pc unless someone sponsors it like Intel did for WaW. I don't see that happening. Enjoy a split community.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Not worth it, all the issues of BC2 are worth not playing or paying for MW2.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pale_neon View Post
It better be free for PC or else Activision is going to have a lot of PC gamers never buying from them again.

DICE has said all their maps will be free. Lets see if Activision still thinks they are untouchable and tries to further screw PC gamers.
DICE did not say all their maps would be free. They said some maps would be free for VIP users.

Honestly, don't care. I like MW and the extra maps, but 15 dollars for some maps...uhh they just want to rape our wallets.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbpenguins412 View Post
Didn't buy the game before, now I definitely won't ever be buying it.
Same Viva La Resistance!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
LOL i won't even need to get the dlc at all. Cuz i uninstalled the game, hated it with a passion cuz it's filled with no good cheaters. BFBC 2 ftw!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks forward to adding some new maps to the game for variety. Downside I will have to buy 2 but its worth it overall. Now if only I could get my 50 back for BFBC2 I would be ahead 20 bucks...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
lol. 5 maps, two of which being retoasts, for 15 bucks.

What the hell does Activision take us for, tools?
well people DID buy MW2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hopefully with the PC map pack comes a new patch for the consistency of hackers that still remains. I am 6th prestige with about 10 days play time in. 33000 kills and around 19000 deaths. But nothing pisses me off more than the hackers in game. I can't go one sitting without seeing it once. I am still waiting to buy BFBC2.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scohen158 View Post
Looks forward to adding some new maps to the game for variety. Downside I will have to buy 2 but its worth it overall. Now if only I could get my 50 back for BFBC2 I would be ahead 20 bucks...
Worth it how? I bet you these have been done since launch and they've just waited until now to release them. In another couple months, some more will come out. Your $60 game of garbage just became a $90 game of even more garbage. GG Activision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidpantz View Post
Hopefully with the PC map pack comes a new patch for the consistency of hackers that still remains. I am 6th prestige with about 10 days play time in. 33000 kills and around 19000 deaths. But nothing pisses me off more than the hackers in game. I can't go one sitting without seeing it once. I am still waiting to buy BFBC2.
The hackers will simply get around any new patch, etc.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Jeez $15 for maps? and to think Valve releases games at almost the same price. They have plenty of suckers who will pay for this.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts