Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boss Key Productions, the studio behind the recent battle royale Radical Heights and last year’s Lawbreakers, is closing its doors.

The news comes from studio co-founder Cliff Bleszinski, previously of Gears of War and Unreal Tournament fame, who said that Lawbreakers had “failed to gain traction” and described Radical Heights, which launched last month to some popularity, as “too little too late.”
source

·
Eh, Wha?
9,940 Posts
RIP. If only Nexon hadn't been... well... nexon. Lawbreakers could have been great.

Oh well, With Midair finally launched, the market for FPS-Z games is now firmly locked down for the foreseeable future.

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had actually enjoyed Lawbreakers on PS4 but never played it on PC. It was not a bad game but never got popular.

Radical Heights was just released a few weeks ago and some people had enjoyed it but well, that is over now too.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Cliffy B enjoying some humble pie I see. Lesson 101 don't be a jerk and arrogant to gamer's. No one likes to see someone fail in this industry but, he had it coming!

·
MMO Enthusiast
924 Posts
That was fast but predictable tbh. Lawbreakers was good though.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,517 Posts
Gee Cliff, it's almost like a dev group would really benefit a publisher to take care of all the marketing and promoting. It's almost like being nothing more than a glorified unreal engine map editor doesn't qualify you to lead an entire game studio.. Who would have thought?

On a real note, I used to work at Digital Storm and Cliffy B ordered a computer from them while I worked there. I figured he must be pretty idiotic to get a computer from a place like that.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,324 Posts
Gee Cliff, it's almost like a dev group would really benefit a publisher to take care of all the marketing and promoting. It's almost like being nothing more than a glorified unreal engine map editor doesn't qualify you to lead an entire game studio.. Who would have thought?

On a real note, I used to work at Digital Storm and Cliffy B ordered a computer from them while I worked there. I figured he must be pretty idiotic to get a computer from a place like that.
buying prebuilt would make anyone an idiot tbh

·
Registered
780 Posts
Bummed... it's like watching a tv series you love.... then it gets discontinued.

What a waste of $13.99 for Founder stuff...

sigh

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Comes out of retirement

KO in under two minutes

Billion Dollar IP

Reverse rocket jump. Exciting.

Retirement

1 - 11 of 11 Posts