Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Kotakuite Captain Fuzzy brought the issue to our attention yesterday. After picking up his copy of Halo: Reach, he decided to spend a little time online going through the campaign with friends, only to find that his 4GB console wasn't capable of doing so.

"When I tried to join them, we got a message saying "One or more players do not have a hard drive which is required for this playlist". Apparently, the 4gb Xbox 360 slim will not allow online co-op because it has a "Memory Unit" and not an HDD. Adding my 16gb flash drives didn't help the case either, I still got the "hard drive is required" message. I can still play online Vs. games, but any co-op like campaign or firefight are locked out to me."'
Source

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Sounds like a bad error on Bungie's part. I would have thought that Microsoft would have informed them of the new slim console counterpart coming out. I assume that a code patch will come out in a matter of a few days to fix this error.

·
Registered
787 Posts
IDK why u'd get one without a HDD in the first place....

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't know that this is within review territory. It's a bug and it'll be ironed out eventually, probably relatively quickly if Microsoft keeps on Bungie about it.

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
How are people JUST hearing about this. Either way, if all you have is the 4GB version, then why do you even have XBL.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spanielcheckers View Post
I don't know that this is within review territory. It's a bug and it'll be ironed out eventually, probably relatively quickly if Microsoft keeps on Bungie about it.
It's not a bug, they've been well aware of this issue since ODST and have done nothing while still promoting the sales of 4gig bundles with reach.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just so anyone who doesn't know, Halo 3 & ODST also required an Xbox HDD for coop (system link or online), not a memory card, unit, or a flash drive converted to work with the 360. Apparently the hard drive caches the maps and preloads some of the content. I was aware of this and bought a second hard drive.

Feel bad for the people with the 4GB slims though...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madman340 View Post
How are people JUST hearing about this. Either way, if all you have is the 4GB version, then why do you even have XBL.
Because 4GB is (Or should be) more than adequate?

·
B.O.W
26,977 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madman340 View Post
|
V

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salami991 View Post
Because 4GB is (Or should be) more than adequate?

Bingo. In fact, flash memory is faster then the dinky hard drives Microsoft gives so this is just piss poor design really.
And now that MS has external USB support, what in the world do you mean "why do you even have XBL?" Hell, even without USB support - I barely use up 2GB of space without installing my games and I play on XBL a ton. I wasted $150 or so on the stupid 250GB Slim 360.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opeth07 View Post
It's not a bug, they've been well aware of this issue since ODST and have done nothing while still promoting the sales of 4gig bundles with reach.
Another way for M$ to suck money out of your pocket with overpriced peripherals just so you can get all the features on your 360 exclusive game.

I was kind of looking forward to selling my elite along with a couple games to get the quieter 4GB slim with built in N wireless. But I might just keep the money

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
People still play Halo? I thought that fad died out long ago.

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rusky1 View Post
People still play Halo? I thought that fad died out long ago.
As long as there are 13 year old prepubescents out there, it will not die out

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovetskikh View Post
Sounds like a bad error on Bungie's part. I would have thought that Microsoft would have informed them of the new slim console counterpart coming out. I assume that a code patch will come out in a matter of a few days to fix this error.
It's not an error, period! Both Bungie and MS have been well aware. In fact, Bungie and MS decided it was best this way. [This part is assumption]This way the cheap skates who buy the smaller unit will still have to spend to get the full function of their unit. By the business model, this is great for pulling profit, and it will. On a consumer note, I'm not buying this tripe, so...

·
Registered
479 Posts
If they sell the Xbox 360 4GB slim in the Uk bundled with Halo Reach. I think trading standards could get involved if someone was to go that far. As if it can't play all features of the game. This should be pointed out at time of purchase or it could be classed as not fit for purpose.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts