Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter, in a break from speculating/guessing things about the future of the industry, has actually gone on record to say he's heard Valve will soon be allowing those who download a game to trade it in.

"Steam is phenomenal, it's a great service," he told NowGamer. "Steam gives gamers enough other stuff so that they don't resent the fact they can't trade in their games. And you know, name all the Steam games that you've purchased that you've traded back in to somebody else for credit. Steam's about to let you do that supposedly, you know like trade and exchange, but they're going to take a fee from it."

Source

Only a rumor, but I figured Pachter was reputable enough to warrant a news post. He's been very reliable in the past. Apologies if it's still not allowed, please move it as necessary.

• Rep+
Reactions: jebus101

·
Registered
891 Posts
nice idea! would still be a bit better if steam didnt take a cut, because they already get a cut of the games from the first sale... but still good

thanks for posting!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I would LOVE this. I have tons of games in my library that just sit there and haven't been installed or played in ages. I wonder though if it'd be exclusive to Valve made games or if we'd be able to trade back anything purchased (can you say bye-bye APB).

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
This would be great! Got some games in steam not getting played.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't even care how much I'd get for each game, I just kinda want some of this stuff I've gotten in packs off my account. Besides, you know Steam, a few bucks go a long way during sales.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
This would be a cool way to let friends borrow those numerous games I have on Steam...

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
This would be sweet.
Have enough games lying around to trade for some new ones.

Hopefully they don't lowball everyone, though
"Oh, you can trade in MW2 for $10 steam credit!"

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Wouldn't mind ditching my copies of Assassin's Creed, Crysis Warhead, Left4Dead, GRID, and UT3 if it meant getting a new game like Fallout: New Vegas.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beers
View Post

This would be sweet.
Have enough games lying around to trade for some new ones.

Hopefully they don't lowball everyone, though
"Oh, you can trade in MW2 for $10 steam credit!"

If they "Gamestop" this, that'd suck.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I just buy my games on steam then sell my account when it gets to be to big, you get allot more $$ for it than selling used PC games in boxes.

I keep 2 accounts 1 for the games I always play like tf2 css bfbc2 etc then the other one is for single player games I just keep selling & making a new one, it Works great.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frickfrock99
View Post

I'd be down for this.
I really need to unload my several dozen codes of Ricohet.

Don't...don't ask.

You really like that game don't you, so much so you bought it several times ?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts