Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Bungie teases, but Microsoft comes right out and says it. The Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack is officially coming out on Thursday, April 9th.

We were pretty certain this was the case over the weekend, but you know how much we like to have solid facts to back up our solid rumors. Microsoft verified the date in a press alert today, which highlighted the three new Halo 3 maps along with the new Gears of War 2 maps due out on the 31st of this month.

Both sets of downloadable content will be available for 800 Microsoft fake money points.

Source

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yay!
Buying it the day it comes out...even though the only map I'm really looking forward to is Sandbox.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by revamper View Post
when is the heroic map pack going to be free
I believe it is free already. Legendary map pack is the one that you still have to pay for.

Cant wait for the Mythic pack. SWEEEEEET!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MOCAMBO
View Post

800 MS points, jeez.

8 Dollars Oh Em Gee!

·
Banned
3,583 Posts
I don't own an xbox. I had an xbox 360 for 3 weeks. Went back to the store i bought it at said i didn't want it. I traded it in for about 275$ and bought a bunch of PC games. (It was an Elite that I had bought for 400$) I cannot stand Xbox Live and having to pay for gold. I also cannot stand paying for DLC's and other things that should be free. Microsoft Sucks. Bungie is Win. Xbox is fail. End of story.

·
Registered
875 Posts
This has made my day 20x better. A kid I know got his dad to buy him Halo Wars Limited Edition just to get this map pack. I know, crazy, but at least I will be able to inform them that if they would have waited about a month they would have saved about $70+. Oh well...

I heard that this map pack is good though.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Honestly Microsoft is milking the Halo series more then any other game has been.

Want to be in the Halo 3 beta? Pre-order Crackdown.

Halo 3? $60.
Halo 3 plus a DVD with a few goodies? $70.
Halo 3 plus two DVDs with a few goodies and plastic helmet? $150.

Map Pack 1: $10, free after a couple months.
Map Pack 2: $10, lowered to $8 after a couple months. It'll probably be free soon enough. Start some DLC Double XP playlists to get more people to buy it.
Map Pack 3: Buy a $80 LE copy of Halo Wars to get it a month ahead or pay $10 after that month.

Halo Wars? $70 CND for the non-Collectors Edition.

Halo ODST? Stand alone expansion with three new maps for Halo 3. Price will probably be $40 - $50.

That makes out to be $280 if someone were to have gotten Halo 3 Legendary, plus all the map packs as soon as possible (Which means also getting Halo Wars for $80.), and Halo ODST. If they wanted to be in the beta that would have probably been another $50 for Crackdown.

That obviously not including all the gamer pictures, skins for the dashboard, action figures, 360 faceplates, and XBL Gold.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LegendaryC
View Post

Honestly Microsoft is milking the Halo series more then any other game has been.

Want to be in the Halo 3 beta? Pre-order Crackdown.

Halo 3? $60.
Halo 3 plus a DVD with a few goodies? $70.
Halo 3 plus two DVDs with a few goodies and plastic helmet? $150.

Map Pack 1: $10, free after a couple months.
Map Pack 2: $10, lowered to $8 after a couple months. It'll probably be free soon enough. Start some DLC Double XP playlists to get more people to buy it.
Map Pack 3: Buy a $80 LE copy of Halo Wars to get it a month ahead or pay $10 after that month.

Halo Wars? $70 CND for the non-Collectors Edition.

Halo ODST? Stand alone expansion with three new maps for Halo 3. Price will probably be $40 - $50.

That makes out to be $280 if someone were to have gotten Halo 3 Legendary, plus all the map packs as soon as possible (Which means also getting Halo Wars for $80.), and Halo ODST. If they wanted to be in the beta that would have probably been another $50 for Crackdown.

That obviously not including all the gamer pictures, skins for the dashboard, action figures, 360 faceplates, and XBL Gold.

Apparently you've never played a PC game before if you think anyone is milking Halo 3.

Please consult the history of any Blizzard game, The Sims, any RTS from EALA, and any MMORPG from any company.

Every major PC game I've played since the early 90's has had at least one expansion pack that was sold for the same price as the original game. The games themselves are constructed in such a way you would need to buy the expansion pack if you wanted to continue to play online.

World of Warcraft: $60
Burning Crusade: $60
Lich King: $60
Subscription: $540

It's amazing people are surprised about having to pay for Entertainment. I don't know when this attitude among gamers started that everything should be free and you shouldn't need to pay for content. But this is life, and life isn't free.

·
Premium Member
8,612 Posts
Halo CE,Halo 2 and Halo 3 are all good games......XBLive would be nothing without Halo 2 and Halo 3....or atleast not as popular as it is today.....i have all three for my 360(no i didn't buy the helmet version) and two for pc and still play the campaigns(i hate those standbying bastards online)......and if you got bored with halo too quickly then stop playing on easy......the only way to play halo campaigns is to play on Legendary

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz
View Post

Apparently you've never played a PC game before if you think anyone is milking Halo 3.

No. They ARE milking Halo. Just because EA/Maxis milk the living hell out of the Sims with their ridiculous expansion packs does NOT automatically mean that no one else milks their products. Don't be naive.

It is business. Period. There is one thing to hate it, but then there is another thing to be completely ignorant of it too.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MOCAMBO
View Post

$10 CAD for a fricken MAPS. MULTIPLAYER MAPS. Multiplayer which u have to pay for . They should give us SOME benefits dam.

What I don't understand is why its only 3 maps. Of which, hundreds probably already have and my friends all say Sandbox is the only map really worth it.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

No. They ARE milking Halo. Just because EA/Maxis milk the living hell out of the Sims with their ridiculous expansion packs does NOT automatically mean that no one else milks their products. Don't be naive.

Well ok, they are milking Halo 3, but it's a pretty normal thing to do in any form of entertainment and sport. Sports jersey's are like $400 for the "real deal". What a joke. How about all those James Bond DVD sets, every few years I see a new remastered better than ever James Bond DVD Box set. Oh god and now we all know the Bluray James Bond box set is only moments away. Blizzard pretty much charges you to do anything with their products. TheSims has 50,000 different versions. The iPod comes out with a new version every other week. SpongeBob Squarpants, Miley Cyrus, anything Highschool Musical, milk milk milk.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz View Post
Well ok, they are milking Halo 3, but it's a pretty normal thing to do in any form of entertainment and sport. Sports jersey's are like $400 for the "real deal". What a joke. How about all those James Bond DVD sets, every few years I see a new remastered better than ever James Bond DVD Box set. Oh god and now we all know the Bluray James Bond box set is only moments away. Blizzard pretty much charges you to do anything with their products. TheSims has 50,000 different versions. The iPod comes out with a new version every other week. SpongeBob Squarpants, Miley Cyrus, anything Highschool Musical, milk milk milk.
Thank you for pointing out the obvious about today's industry. Not sure why you're going on such a rampage.

OT: I will wait for Halo ODST. I believe that has the mythic map pack with it. I also hate paying for things that should be free. However, ODST is essentially an expansion.

·
Banned
4,340 Posts
Quote:

Please consult the history of any Blizzard game, The Sims, any RTS from EALA, and any MMORPG from any company.

Every major PC game I've played since the early 90's has had at least one expansion pack that was sold for the same price as the original game. The games themselves are constructed in such a way you would need to buy the expansion pack if you wanted to continue to play online.

World of Warcraft: $60
Burning Crusade: $60
Lich King: $60
Subscription: $540

It's amazing people are surprised about having to pay for Entertainment. I don't know when this attitude among gamers started that everything should be free and you shouldn't need to pay for content. But this is life, and life isn't free.
They are milking it like there's no tomorrow. You know why? It's the only game that was on the Xbox that sold. Blizzard does not charge you for new maps, Blizzard does not charge you to play online, Blizzard does not have to come out with stupid lame Limited Edition crap to sell. Halo needs to come out with petty crap all the time because Halo is all Microsoft has. If they don't milk Halo what are they going to milk? Defective RRoD X360s?

Quote:

Now your over generalizing. I'm amazed at how you can make all that stuff up and pretend it's real.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.