Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

We're quite confident that this trailer for PC real-time strategy Stalin vs. Martians is the only game trailer ever to feature a techno-dancing Joseph Stalin.

We've spoken about Stalin vs. Martians in the past. Subtitled "The Unknown Pages of the Second World War", it delivers just what it promises...the Russian army facing off against Martians, culminating in a massive battle in which Stalin is depicted as "a huge colossus, five times higher than any other creature. Just like it was in the real life."

But won't the Russians be offended? The developers get around this particular snag by actually being Russian. In fact, all three development companies that have worked on the game - Black Wing Foundations, Dreamlore, and N-Game Studios - hail from Russia, so it's perfectly fine for them to make Stalin techno-dance if they so choose.

As for the game itself, it's an obviously tongue-in-cheek arcade-style real-time strategy for the PC, with power-ups, coin collection, and speedy reinforcements making it the type of game anyone could play. For more information, check out the game's newly revamped website. For now, I command you to dance.

I lawled.

Source

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
you had me at "Techno-dancing Joseph Stalin"

and the massive Stalin bot versus Martians just makes it all the better hahaha

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisB17
View Post

Waits for "a russian
" to come on this thread lol.

lol wouldn't that be exciting...

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
WIN

Even though the game is lagging epic-like, I'm still getting it.

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
lol thats hilarious.

but dont you hate that about the world, how a person can tease themselves and its funny, but someone else makes a comical stab and its racist.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtarmanrob
View Post

lol thats hilarious.

but dont you hate that about the world, how a person can tease themselves and its funny, but someone else makes a comical stab and its racist.

Well the thing is, Stalin represents the Communist Soviet Union, which is now pretty much gone, so technically, when they used Stalin, they're not really mocking Russia right now...unless of course, the person is a Russian who enjoyed Communism lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtn400
View Post

So, is that an ad for a DDR styled game where you play as Stalin, or an RTS where you fight off martians?

Maybe it's both.

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]
View Post

Well the thing is, Stalin represents the Communist Soviet Union, which is now pretty much gone, so technically, when they used Stalin, they're not really mocking Russia right now...unless of course, the person is a Russian who enjoyed Communism lol.

yeah but i was just being general. like in general, take black people for example. hell even calling them black people can be seen as racist, since im not black. but african americans. they use the N word on each other and its cool, the norm, but if we use it its racist. depending on how its spoken obviously but still.

and theres homosexuals. a gay person can make a gay joke to insult another gay person and it is taken in stride and laughed at, but if a straight person makes a gay joke, its prejudice.

anyways doesnt matter, we get the idea. just saying. theres nothing to be done about it, its just funny how the world works.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikersSU
View Post

Looks like it will be a funny game. Reminds me of a Family Guy skit for some reason.

"quit Stalin
and show us your, 'Marx'..

Looks like they spent all their time MoCapping the dancing rather than the game though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts