Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://kotaku.com/5502062/ubi-apolog...ith-free-games

Quote:

...For his trouble, Igor now gets to choose between four games - Prince of Persia, Heroes Over Europe, Endwar and H.A.W.X., downloading them directly to his PC without having to bother with the draconian DRM scheme of Ubi's newer titles.

Is this enough of an apology for you folks?

kind gesture, it must be said. and lol at this comment

Quote:

So... their attempt to stop people from playing their games for free has resulted in them giving their games away for free.

Nicely done!

·
Why is it smoking?
4,060 Posts
Quote:
So... their attempt to stop people from playing their games for free has resulted in them giving their games away for free.

Nicely done!
That sounds about right. This only shows that they know this new DRM scheme hurt them more than it helped, but they are still too stubborn to do away with it. I wasn't a big fan of the first AC, so I didn't even bother with the second. I might be willing to give it a try once it hits the bargain bins, but not until Ubi pulls the DRM out of it. Until then, they won't get another cent from me.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Ubisoft totally have it wrong if they feel that a few free games is going to boost their sales and don't think for a second that people are going to end up liking your DRM scheme.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Voted with the wallet as I've stated before. It's the only way this kind of crap will ever stop.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Luke2
View Post

Voted with the wallet as I've stated before. It's the only way this kind of crap will ever stop.

What sucks though, is they see less sales so they automatically attribute it to piracy, rather than a customer just not wanting their trash.

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by waylo88
View Post

What sucks though, is they see less sales so they automatically attribute it to piracy, rather than a customer just not wanting their trash.

...so are there any sales figures out for AC2? I've been looking, but haven't seen any.

I would love to see this uncracked game get more or less the same crap sales.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by waylo88
View Post

Unfortunately this is the case. However, i also vote with my wallet against this draconian bull crap. For instance, unlike the thousands of spineless gamers who bought MW2 after saying they wouldn't, i kept myself occupied with games worth their price tag.

Free games out of compensation is nice, but still not an excuse for treating their legitimate costumers as pirates to the tenth degree.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
The only reason why this DRM is bad is because jackasses desided to DDoS the server.

Seriously, stop complaining. Its not that bad. DRM has its issues, but what can companies do? People pirate their stuff. The could at least have the right to try and protect it.

·
Banned
4,683 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lelouch
View Post

The only reason why this DRM is bad is because jackasses desided to DDoS the server.

Seriously, stop complaining. Its not that bad. DRM has its issues, but what can companies do? People pirate their stuff. The could at least have the right to try and protect it.

Not everyone has an internet connection and not everyone should have to for a game that doesn't get played online. Simple as that.

They have a right to protect their stuff but people have a right to use the product they spent $60 on. Hell, even at the $20 range, if you did this with Blu-ray movies, you'd have instant outrage and a congressman or 2 would step in.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Remember that because the games are no longer important to Ubisoft's profits and are digital download only, these free give-aways are that entirely - free to both the consumer and Ubisoft.

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post

The ironic thing is you're the guy whose always pro Apple.

Have fun, you have unlimited bandwidth usage.. People like me in Aus? This is costing us money, its also unfair on those who buy the game as its always cracked very fast...

Plus, the fact the servers went down at all (DDoS or not) shows that this type of DRM is nothing but fail, because who says it can't happen in the future? Anyone who disagrees is just being stupid or trolling.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredy
View Post

Imho hackers should hack Ubisoft servers again and again until they either kill themselves or remove this BS drm.

I second this motion!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post

Suppose Ubisoft decided to turn their authentication servers off. At that moment, nobody who actually bought the game would be able to play it anymore. Is that acceptable to you?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts