Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to get rid of my massive Frio, because I'm going to be transporting my computer a lot, and it also is ready for an upgrade. I want to put the Kraken x60 on top of my 922 push pull, except it wouldnt clear, or so says my armature sketch up model. I had an idea where I could cut out the top and place the rad half out, half in the case, but I have no idea how I would mount it. I've never worked with water or even an AIO water, so I have no idea the mounting options. I have pictures of what I was going for, any help would be appreciated. And if i were to make a custom top piece for the case, how the hell would I connect it to the case, I cant exactly weld

·
Registered
225 Posts
Cut a hole in to top of your case slightly smaller than the radiator, make sure you leave small extrusions to bolt to and a space for your radiator tubes. I have a 922 and you could probably find a smaller case but I like it so hopefully it fits your needs.

·
Registered
994 Posts
You will have to make screw holes where the mount points on the rad is. You will also have to make a hole big enough to push the water block through. The AIO doesn't really come apart. The 922 doesn't natively fix 140mm fans and the Kraken is two of them. I would cut the mesh out of one side. Drop the block through. Then get the drill out and make your holes for the screws. How you mark them could be interesting but a nice ruler could help. Eye balling could work as well... Or you could skip the drill and use lots of zip ties.
thumb.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts