1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vxttxm0.jpg

sM4NI46.jpg

MDWnzd9.jpg

http://kotaku.com/mad-catz-reveals-300-transforming-alien-mobile-gaming-1677751251
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/01/06/the-mad-catz-l-y-n-x-9-is-an-insane-300-controllerclipstandkb-combo-that-looks-like-the-lovechild-of-moga-and-megatron/

Quote:
Mad Catz' engineers have gone insane.

Open it up and you've got a game controller with all the standard bells and whistles, as well as some non-standard bells and whistles like a mouse sensor pad and a built-in microphone for voice search. Slap on the included QWERTY keyboard attatchment and you've got a handy input device for your Android microconsole or PC game chat.

Connect the phone clip and you've got an alien robot with a phone for a head

Then things start getting weird. You can break the Lynx apart, attach it to the included tablet stand and turn an up to seven inch Android tablet into this freaky-looking thing.

All of this, plus the Lynx comes standard with an HDMI cable so you can take the controller off of the tablet stand and hook the device to your television for big-screen gaming.
That's the most ridiculous controller I've ever seen in my life.

I'LL TAKE 12.
teaching.gif

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
Even tho it looks a little silly, I must admit, its pretty damn cool. Now if the price is right, my OPO would love one.

Edit: $300
blinksmiley.gif
I think I'll pass....

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
lachen.gif

Quote:
Slap on the included QWERTY keyboard attatchment and you've got a handy input device for your Android microconsole or PC game chat
No, a handy input device for PC GAME CHAT is the keyboard you have attached to your damn PC!!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Wow Frick, nice find...
believe it or not i have been looking to buy both a MOGA Pro controller to make my kids play with a Sony Ultra Z that i purchased just for that reason but i also was looking into Aliexpress for something that could be attached to a Dell Venue 8 that my kids also use for playing..

I might have found the best of both worlds....

And i dig the design it looks awesome, my kids will love it!

EDIT: hhmmmm i did not read well the post and i missed the most important part... $300 dollars? Really? I can buy an Nvidia Shield with that for eff sake!

Ok, so forget what i said, Madcatz can keep their transformer...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
No such thing as overkill
tongue.gif

·
!
9,170 Posts
I'd never pay that amount for it but I would like a PC game controller with a small detachable keyboard like the Xbox 360 controller's keyboard attachment which doesn't work on PC.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Are they mad!? $300!?!? , you can almost buy a shield tablet , xb1 , ps4 , hell even gtx970 for that price , who in there right mind would spend anything over $60 for a controller!

Not to mention I wouldn't trust my money with Mad Catz they have been making junk since the N64/PS1 days!

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu1ckset View Post

Are they mad!? $300!?!? , you can almost buy a shield tablet , xb1 , ps4 , hell even gtx970 for that price , who in there right mind would spend anything over $60 for a controller!

Not to mention I wouldn't trust my money with Mad Catz they have been making junk since the N64/PS1 days!
HAHAHA!

I had a MadCatz Rumble Pack integrated controller for the N64 literally rattle itself in half, it was interesting. It was one of those crap transparent ones that all us stupid teens were into back in the day.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

HAHAHA!

I had a MadCatz Rumble Pack integrated controller for the N64 literally rattle itself in half, it was interesting. It was one of those crap transparent ones that all us stupid teens were into back in the day.
lachen.gif

I guess you could say...
It RAT itself!

Queue the crickets!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

HAHAHA!

Lol I'm dying , I had a N64 with two Nintendo controllers and two madcatz controller and when me and my freinds would play Goldeneye we would fight for the two Nintendo ones , omg I don't even know how they called that an analog stick , you could shake the controller and the stick would every direction, not to mention the ajustable handles would pinch your skin!

Just tried to look for a picture of it on google images but no look, I guess no one was proud enough of it to take a pic! Lol

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
The tablet is playing COD4MW

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

Even tho it looks a little silly, I must admit, its pretty damn cool. Now if the price is right, my OPO would love one.

Edit: $300
blinksmiley.gif
I think I'll pass....
What's an OPO

1 - 20 of 32 Posts