Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right so i want to purchase a kuhler 620 or the corsair h70, problem is the "back plate" of the mother board it's behind the motherboard, like on the other side, do i actually have to replace that? because apparently my crosshair should be good enough for it. i don't mind changing brackets around the CPU but i am not touching the back of the mobo at all, nor am i taking that backplate off because i am very very forgetful and i WILL forget to put a screw back in or not tighten it enough.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You will need to replace the backplate on your motherboard in order to install those coolers.
It's quite easy to remove the stock backplate. Once you unscrew the stock AMD retention bracket on the front of the motherboard the backplate on the back should just fall off. From then it's just a case case of sticking the new backplate on using the double sided tape supplied with the Kuhler 620 or the H70.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran
View Post

You will need to replace the backplate on your motherboard in order to install those coolers.
It's quite easy to remove the stock backplate. Once you unscrew the stock AMD retention bracket on the front of the motherboard the backplate on the back should just fall off. From then it's just a case case of sticking the new backplate on using the double sided tape supplied with the Kuhler 620 or the H70.

thank you, just getting ready for BD so i want sufficient cooling to oc to 5 ghz. Thanks for the reply, guess we'll see in around 2-3 weeks whether my mobo is dead or alive! haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts