Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Antec Kuhler 920 and I just upgraded to an ASRock X79 Extreme6/GB LGA 2011 Motherboard. I have emailed Antec about getting the free bracket, but I haven't heard back yet, and I want to get this built tomorrow, and definately before Monday night at Midnight. . .
biggrin.gif


Does anyone know of a way I can mount the Kuhler without the bracket?

Thanks your your time and help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post

I have an Antec Kuhler 920 and I just upgraded to an ASRock X79 Extreme6/GB LGA 2011 Motherboard. I have emailed Antec about getting the free bracket, but I haven't heard back yet, and I want to get this built tomorrow, and definately before Monday night at Midnight. . .
biggrin.gif

Does anyone know of a way I can mount the Kuhler without the bracket?
Thanks your your time and help!
i had the same dilema m8 i had to wait around a week on them sending me the bracket maybe two weeks it was but you will def have to use the bracket they send the one you have is no good for the 2011 socket did you give them your name and full address with proof of purchase a pic of the cooler etc thats what they asked me for and then they posted it around a week later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
i bought the venitrad zalman cooler untill my bracket came but found the new air cooler was actually cooler than the antec 920 so ive been using it ever since
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
Erm, why would you want the Antec bracket when LGA2011 MoBos always provide one themselves, and are always attached to the MoBo?
Don't get me wrong: I don't criticize, I just don't understand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVolta425 View Post

Erm, why would you want the Antec bracket when LGA2011 MoBos always provide one themselves, and are always attached to the MoBo?
Don't get me wrong: I don't criticize, I just don't understand.
no he means the actually mounting bracket for the antec cooler to mount it to the motherboard the cooler didnt come with the socket 2011 bracket when they first came out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackirwin View Post

no he means the actually mounting bracket for the antec cooler to mount it to the motherboard the cooler didnt come with the socket 2011 bracket when they first came out
Yea, what he said
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No one with any hints? Crud, I wanted this up and running before Diablo 3, but it's going to take more than a week to get the mount bracket from Antec.
mad.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post

No one with any hints? Crud, I wanted this up and running before Diablo 3, but it's going to take more than a week to get the mount bracket from Antec.
mad.gif
i told you i had the same problem there is NO way to mount it without the correct bracket sorry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, I just went and bought some 7mm hex screws, drilled out the little green plastic bits and mounted it to the existing bracket on the motherboard. I think it is working fine... I hope
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post

Actually, I just went and bought some 7mm hex screws, drilled out the little green plastic bits and mounted it to the existing bracket on the motherboard. I think it is working fine... I hope
biggrin.gif
very nice m8
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top