Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i am not able to launch l4d demo from steam. I get a message the steam ticket has expired and prompts me to renter my password. I continue to get the same message every time i launch it from steam. I played the demo in the morning. It was working well. I am still able to run it from the steam folder. Any idea as to what is wrong? And this is happening only with the demo and not with any of my other steam games. Please help me out. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Restart Steam several times to make sure you didn't miss an update.

Also, Steam doesn't like a fragmented hard drive...at all. Defragment your hard drive.

Finally, right click on the game in your games list and verify the integrity of it. You can also individually defragment the games files in there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BinaryBird View Post
Restarted steam, defragmented the drive and the game files as well. Restarted my pc as well. Still the problem persists. Any other suggestions?
Hmmm. All of your other games work? I will dig into this a little deeper for ya

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanrenolds08 View Post
Hmmm. All of your other games work? I will dig into this a little deeper for ya

Yup, all the half life games , tf2 are working well. No issues with them at all. Thanks for wanting to help me out. Only problem is with l4d demo.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BinaryBird View Post
Yup, all the half life games , tf2 are working well. No issues with them at all. Thanks for wanting to help me out. Only problem is with l4d demo.
Try restarting your computer all together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts