Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought l4d2 in the holiday special and downloaded it yesterday night.
So now when i try to play there is no server browser, can't join dedicated servers of my country and always get connected to US-europe servers with 400-1000 ping.
Matchmaking only works fine for US and europe, did they forget there is more to the world than that?
And in that list when i click find games it doesn't even tell me the goddamn ping, so i have to join to see that i have 400 ping and massive lag.Need a way to join the servers i want.
Any help is really appreciated.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There ARE servers from my country, just checked in gametracker.com, see for yourself if you don't believe me.
How would i go about hosting a game locally? (by locally you don't mean LAN right?)

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox_Smash
View Post

There ARE servers from my country, just checked in gametracker.com, see for yourself if you don't believe me.
How would i go about hosting a game locally? (by locally you don't mean LAN right?)

Correct, one of the options where you pick Best Dedicated Server and such is Host Game Locally (or something similar). Your PC will act as the server.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATFISH
View Post

Correct, one of the options where you pick Best Dedicated Server and such is Host Game Locally (or something similar). Your PC will act as the server.

Nobody joins, how can i join the server i want? is it possible through console?
I just want to join the goddamn server i want, not the ones that valve wants.
I just don't get how they couldn't include something so simple as a full fledged server browser like CoD 4.

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
I was playing verus today and a guy had a ping of over 400, he said he was from brazil. It doesn't look like they updated the matchmaking very much, a couple times I had real good ping ~20 but most of the time I get ridiculous pings.

In the case of the OP, I would try to host a server in your own country and build up a community of gamers to play with locally!

• Rep+
Reactions: Fox_Smash

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbiker033 View Post
I was playing verus today and a guy had a ping of over 400, he said he was from brazil. It doesn't look like they updated the matchmaking very much, a couple times I had real good ping ~20 but most of the time I get ridiculous pings.

In the case of the OP, I would try to host a server in your own country and get build up a community of gamers to play with locally!

I agree.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capwn
View Post

open console. type
openserverbrowser
hit enter
find low ping goodness.

Thanks a lot man, but the server finds nothing under internet, it does under custom.
YOU DA MAN.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox_Smash
View Post

Thanks a lot man, but the server finds nothing under internet, it does under custom.
YOU DA MAN.

glad i could help. And the best L4D server I ever played was under the Custom tab. Interesting things can be found there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts