Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Left 4 Dead splitting into two game modes has been one of the most controversial changes amongst the community since the game was announced. Fans were scared to hear the term "death match" used in a game that, for many, represents a cooperative oasis in a desert of *******s playing Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament, and Halo. After that scary word was used, we learned that the proper phrase is "versus mode," which still sounded out of place. We were scared. And yet, after getting to spend some quality time with the two different game modes, we've learned that "versus" can belong in "coop" games. L4D's versus mode sets a group of four people head to head with another group of four to see who can cooperate the best.

This mode, in our opinion, is what's going to keep people playing Left 4 Dead for years.

http://left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-versus-preview-1

·
GTX 1080 Ti Club
1,783 Posts
I'm interested in how this "four people" thing is going to work online. Yes, in singleplayer it works because the AI's pretty much follow you.. but multiplayer.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam1990
View Post

I'm interested in how this "four people" thing is going to work online. Yes, in singleplayer it works because the AI's pretty much follow you.. but multiplayer.

4 people play as survivors, 4 as the infected bosses (Tank, Hunter, Boomer, Smoker). Survivors have to try and reach the end of the map, while the infected do whatever they can to stop them. The A.I. Director will decide when you spawn, ect.

·
GTX 1080 Ti Club
1,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckbandit35 View Post
4 people play as survivors, 4 as the infected bosses (Tank, Hunter, Boomer, Smoker). Survivors have to try and reach the end of the map, while the infected do whatever they can to stop them. The A.I. Director will decide when you spawn, ect.
Oh. What I mean though, is the 4 people as survivors. It's not a guarantee that all 4 will cooperate with each other like it is in singleplayer.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
they just posted this cause it wasn't up there 30 minutes ago

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam1990 View Post
Oh. What I mean though, is the 4 people as survivors. It's not a guarantee that all 4 will cooperate with each other like it is in singleplayer.
Theirs no guarantee they will in single player either. Thats what the merits/demerits/vote kick feature is for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
they just posted this cause it wasn't up there 30 minutes ago

Yes, I have been slacking lately, when I saw that I jumped right on it

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
nice read.

Sam1990, it is not a given, which is why you appreciate it when it does happen, and enjoy the challenge (while swearing at your PC) when it doesn't. did you try the demo?

PS, Puckbandit, do you work for Valve? lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
I pre-ordered this game after playing the demo; I still play the demo everyday over and over its so much fun.

I have only been to a couple rooms where people didn't work together, and you simply leave those rooms and find a better one. But I've been to maybe 50 rooms and 2 of them were uncooperative. I think people know this is a coop game, so its assumed you work together to survive.

·
GTX 1080 Ti Club
1,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^ View Post
nice read.

Sam1990, it is not a given, which is why you appreciate it when it does happen, and enjoy the challenge (while swearing at your PC) when it doesn't. did you try the demo?

PS, Puckbandit, do you work for Valve? lol
No I haven't tried the demo for PC. I seen my brother playing the one for the 360.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm getting this tomorrow. Still haven't even finished GOW2 yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts