Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original source
Quote:
Unfortunately for us Bulldozer was not what we expected, and the disappointment is even greater as this architecture marks five years since AMD has lost market leadership processors, and 5 years from the last iteration of the FX brand . As a user of the Athlon 64, I remember the aura of exclusivity now that benefited expensive FX series processors, which fully deserves its price but because they had able performance. 5 years later, we are dealing with the hurting memory of his ancestors FX, a significantly lower performance than the competition and significantly higher consumption. And, in this case the price really does not matter. We want to see $ 1,000 AMD processors able to fight alongside solutions from Intel, not cheap products that do not justify their price anyway.
cinebench.png

2011_cpu.png

Google Translate Link
( you need to write /2 to /15 for each page behind the link and press translate or it doesn't work )

I have to say im very dissappointed.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Kinda sucks, but did they announce pricing?

If it performs like that is priced at the right point, it will sell OK.

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
If you are looking for ultimate performance I'd say you should be building a SB rig personally...

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcrash;15231779
Its not a rumor. Did you even bother to see the site?
yeah [lab501.ro] never heard of them.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kora04;15231749
Kinda sucks, but did they announce pricing?

If it performs like that is priced at the right point, it will sell OK.
I believe the FX 8120 was going to be about $185 USD...the tested FX 8150 was $230 I believe? i was only interested in the FX 8120 so i didn't really put the others into memory. There was a price release a while back

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCollins
reported, this belongs in rumors.
ROFL!

Next we'll here "It's not real unless I benchmark it myself!"

Interesting preliminary results.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcrash;15231779
Its not a rumor. Did you even bother to see the site?
Where is the AMD launch announcement and the NDA lift announcement ?

On a saturday ?

Common:gunner:

I would bet a moderate amount of $, like $20 OCN has a BD for review, did they do a benchmark release ?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I don't really trust this review. They don't have an actual clear picture of the CPU, and the results could have been easily faked. All they posted were their own graphs and not a single screenshot of any of the benchmark results.

Edit: Lab501 does seem to be the most legit source of BD benchmark results.

Now, if these results are real it is a disappointing release by AMD. I wonder why the memory performance for BD is so low.

It could be a BIOS issue. I wonder if the Asus Crosshair motherboard in the press kits that AMD sent out to review sites has a different BIOS/UEFI? I guess we will all find out in a couple of days.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Im not surprised at all.
This makes perfect sense seeing as its unreasonable to think AMD could beat or even catch up to Intel in just one generation after being so far behind.

However, this is an improvement and a large step closer to being back on top.
If it is priced right AMD will benefit a great deal from this.

EDIT:
Ive heard of these guys and I would back this review pretty heavily based on reputation alone.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomicFrost
View Post

I don't really trust this review. They don't have an actual clear picture of the CPU, and the results could have been easily faked. All they posted were their own graphs and not a single screenshot of any of the benchmark results.

Lab501 is about as legit as they come...feel free to look up earlier testing they have done on other hardware. This is the real deal.

I still want to see these results confirmed by a few other creditble sources.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Wait, did people expect it to best the top Intel chips? I thought it was common knowledge that these chips were selling the price not the performance.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilWrir
View Post

Im not surprised at all.
This makes perfect sense seeing as its unreasonable to think AMD could beat or even catch up to Intel in just one generation after being so far behind.

However, this is an improvement and a large step closer to being back on top.
If it is priced right AMD will benefit a great deal from this.

EDIT:
Ive heard of these guys and I would back this review pretty heavily based on reputation alone.

Its not even an improvement over existing phenom II X6......

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm
View Post

Lab501 is about as legit as they come...feel free to look up earlier testing they have done on other hardware. This is the real deal.

I still want to see these results confirmed by a few other creditble sources.

I did, most of it was jibberish. Including the really bad review they did of the APU's last month.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plex
View Post

Wait, did people expect it to best the top Intel chips? I thought it was common knowledge that these chips were selling the price not the performance.

Got a price sheet from Frys/newegg/mircocenter do ya ?

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCollins
View Post

Got a price sheet from Frys/newegg/mircocenter do ya ?

rumored pricing for the 8150 was supposed to be a little over 300 if memory serves.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.