Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks!

Just a quick and easy question: is my pump enough for my loop?

I'll have in two weeks this loop (atm only CPU block):

Pump ---> southbridge GPU 220 block ---> single 120mm Radiator --- > CPU Phobya UC-1 Extreme ---> 1° Mofset MVR-40 block ---> 2° Mofset MVR-40 block ---> RAM, EK Dominato 2x block ---> 2x120mm Radiator ---> 1x120 single radiator ---> Reservoir

I'm pretty sure that the pump is enough for that loop because i've seen more complicated loops with the same pump, and i heard that the RAM - Motherboard blocks aren't Restrictive at all as they have a single line running them without any path (except for the GPU-220 block), anyways i'd love to have a confirmation (i hope) from you guys!
biggrin.gif

Another thing, the real question, when i'll add another 3x120 radiator, plus a GPU block will the pump be enough?

(check my project log for more informations if you wish)

·
:)
11,146 Posts
double post..

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Hello there
smile.gif

Well, I think the pump should be plenty for your setup. I have been in to watercooling for many years, and I usually think people go a little overboard about how much pump power you actually need.

I think the pump will handle another 360 + gpu, but I can't guarantee it!
If you are afraid it is to little flow, buy a flow meter and check it
biggrin.gif

Best of luck on your project!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Is the pump a DDC-1T or the DDC-1T+ ? ? ?

There is a significant difference between the two. The -1T runs at 10W with a black impleller. The -1T+ runs around 14W with a red or orange impleller. If it has a blue impleller, it's not a true -1t+ but actually a DDC-3 series. Some Europe WCing sites sell the DDC-3 as a -1T+ for some reason.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaverick View Post

Is the pump a DDC-1T or the DDC-1T+ ? ? ?

There is a significant difference between the two. The -1T runs at 10W with a black impleller. The -1T+ runs around 14W with a red or orange impleller. If it has a blue impleller, it's not a true -1t+ but actually a DDC-3 series. Some Europe WCing sites sell the DDC-3 as a -1T+ for some reason.
Laing also uses those names for pumps with blue impellers : http://www.lowara.com/lowdata/doc/EN/ddc-ed-en.pdf

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your answers
smile.gif

the pump is litterally a Laing DDC-Pumpe 12V DDC-1Plus, so that means it is a 1+, correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by go4life View Post

Hello there
smile.gif

Well, I think the pump should be plenty for your setup. I have been in to watercooling for many years, and I usually think people go a little overboard about how much pump power you actually need.

I think the pump will handle another 360 + gpu, but I can't guarantee it!
If you are afraid it is to little flow, buy a flow meter and check it
biggrin.gif

Best of luck on your project!
Oh, okay, awesome
biggrin.gif

Thank you for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts