Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a decently powerful GPU for this little mobile desktop I'm building.

A review stated that they could actually fit a 5870 inside the case comfortably. o.o So size isn't an issue apparently...

Budget is around $250-$275. Whatcha got?

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking for a decently powerful GPU for this little mobile desktop I'm building.

A review stated that they could actually fit a 5870 inside the case comfortably. o.o So size isn't an issue apparently...

Budget is around $250-$275. Whatcha got?

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This Case. ^^

It's cute when it growls. ^-^

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I am actually also trying to build a "mobile desktop" too since I'm fed up with the lackluster performance of the so-called "gaming laptops."

Are you talking about the Thermaltake LANBOX?

I've been eyeing this same case and from the newegg reviews it can fit up to 2 5850s without having to remove the internal 3.5" HDD bay, in which case you can fit up to 2 5870s!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
If you're talking about the Thermaltake LANBOX, newegg reviews state that it can fit up to 2 5850s without having to remove the internal 3.5" HDD bay. Can fit up to 2 5870s with the internal 3.5" bay removed.

I'm thinking about a 5850 for my mobile desktop build. But the price is still a bit too high for my liking. Gonna have to ebay for a 5850 at around $250.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put the ATI discussion in ATI and the Nvidia one here. ^^

This Case. ^^

It's cute when it growls. ^-^

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_xpert
View Post

I <3 my Da Box. Houses my GTX295 no problem^

Da Box is absolutely amazing. Although only bad thing about it is the price...otherwise I would go for that in a heart beat. It's like twice the cost of the thermaltake lanbox

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got a 9800GX2 on standby from a friend who's willing to part from it for $165. Should I go for that? ^-^

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeljr1186
View Post

if only that box has a handle.

Thermaltake LANBOX has a version with a built in handle:

But I was planning to see if I can fit one without the handle into a backpack of some sort, and so this way I only use up 1 hand to carry the monitor.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r34p3rex
View Post

Wait for Fermi to push prices down
I'm expecting 5850 to drop to 250 or so after Fermi hits

This is what I'm hoping!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts