Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am doing my first build log like a lot of people. I have really only built 3 pcs in my day. This will be my nicest build yet by far. All the components have been ordered an most are here. The case will be here tomorrow along with an H70 that I picked up from a fellow OCN member.

I'm not really sure and how creative I will get with this build, since Ivy bridge is next around the corner.

So with out me wasting any more of your time, here are my specs.

2jcuds1.jpg

PROCESSOR: Intel Xeon X5675 @ 4.2 1.352v

Mmmmmm the goods!!

2r47xwp.jpg

One Xeon and RAM installed. Already looking sexy!

hx9ef5.jpg

More goodies to come when my mind starts to explore my options after my case arrives. I can already tell I will have the paint the drive cage adapter for my DVD slim drive and SSD.

System assembled for now and ready to overclock. Yes I know my desk is a freaking mess and that I need a new one. Ya like my little lego man usb?
smile.gif

sy9qgk.jpg

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
awesome stuff, sub'd

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by stren
View Post

Umm you're using a dual cpu xeon in a single cpu board? I thoguht they were pin incompatible despite being both socket 1366?

Yes... Yes I am.... Haven't you seen a DUAL cpu server with only one chip installed before?
There is no difference. The only thing I will be losing in the 2nd QPI channel.

·
Premium Member
5,579 Posts
Yes I have, but only in a dual cpu mobo. According to the asus rog website, the xeon processors are not technically supported. A quick google seems to suggest others have made it work though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeeebs;11983544
Yes... Yes I am.... Haven't you seend a DUAL cpu server with only one chip installed before?
confused.gif
There is no difference. The only thing I will be losing in the 2nd QPI channel.
teaching.gif

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sub'd. Hella red there like a beating heart. You should sleeve in red and paint the gpu red. Will look like a show car

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen87;14225783
Sub'd. Hella red there like a beating heart. You should sleeve in red and paint the gpu red. Will look like a show car
tongue.gif
I have since had some other plans come in to mind since I also got an x58 Sabertooth.It has a nice yellow set of Mushkin Radioactive on it.
smile.gif
Was thinking of painting the lanboy air red parts with a green color, and doing some sort of white/artic camo look over the mesh. All of the black plastic parts would be painted white. Then mount my sabertooth and trying to do some sort of camo sleeving pattern. After that add some SLi'd Zotac 550 or 560Ti cards.
smile.gif
Anyone want to trade me a dremel for some parts? Then ontop of it all, watercool it. Cleanly! That will be the hard part in this case.

Or I could just leave my tooth in the antec 900 like this...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts