Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
Im new to the site. i just cleaned up the bottom of a $7.00 cooler master heatsink i got today. It came with a terrible finish on the bottom. i took care of that tho.

before:

after:

that was after some wet sanding w/ 400 grit, 1000 grit, 0000 steel wool, then polished with Brasso. took about 15 minutes, im happy with the results.
I got this sink because it uses an 80mm fan so it will be more quiet than the stock AMD cooler.

now i just need to make use of these badboys:

6" inch beasts. 48volt. @ 250 CFM X 6. when in the window they change the air in my room in less than a minute

-George

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
nice work on the lapping !

will be doing the same to my Silverstone NT06 heatsink, but dunno if i'm gonna do the IHS of my CPU

·

29,532 Posts
That lapping job is smooooth!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys.

oh yea the prop, thats my dads. its for a Gremlin. i used to fly just normal stuff, trainers, sticks and simple stuff. I like cars more, even though they break so much.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Uh.... next time don't polish it. It could raise your temps a bit. Looks nice though

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Your now a Lap Master, nice rack too

·
Registered
95 Posts
Those coolermaster heatsinks may be cheap but they perform really well esp with a better fan on it. Used one on my present system and still kept it under 50c (just). Well worth the money. Nice finish on it....might have to try that with mine

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i put it on last night. works really nice. cleaned it up good and used AS5. i used the Thermaltake fan that came with my old silentboost heatsink. just gotta give the AS5 some time to set

1 - 17 of 17 Posts