Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so recently my laptop has started going black after a while, every 30 min or sometimes itll work for hours but all of a sudden it just goes black. I know that it dosent go to sleep or anything like that because I changed everything to do nothing after a while, I was listening to music and the screen went black and the music turned off also. Can anyone help me on what can cause this problem or why its doing it? any help will be apprieciated.

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
does the screeen turn back on when you move the mouse?

Also, don't bump more than once every 24 hours.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by blupupher View Post
does the screeen turn back on when you move the mouse?

Also, don't bump more than once every 24 hours.
no it does not
it dosent do anything at all it just stays black, somebody told me it might be outdated drivers?

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
Did you check all the power settings (for both on battery and plugged in).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i checked both power settings and unfortunately i have no other screen to test it on
sometimes it dosent and other days it wont do it all, today ive been on it for like 4 hours and no black screen yet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've heard that on HP Pavilion's, at least the older ones, that have turion x2 and nvidia graphics start doing that and eventually the screen will just stop turning on because of the nvidia chip overheating and the solder going bad.

Maybe try googling your Toshiba's model and see if other people have similar problems?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
ill bet its the inverter going bad or a loose connection. do me a favor. next time it goes black tap and or squeeze the screen on the bottom bezel right near the middle. NOT ON THE SCREEN ITSELF!!! that is usually where the inverter is.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
sounds like an issue with the backlighting to me. I would see if anyone you know has an extra monitor that they would let you borrow to test this.

also, does restarting immediately fix the problem? perhaps if your laptop has keys to turn the backlight on and off you could try that when the screen goes out and see if you can turn it back on - that would assure that is the backlight that needs replacement

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZHoob2004
View Post

sounds like an issue with the backlighting to me. I would see if anyone you know has an extra monitor that they would let you borrow to test this.

also, does restarting immediately fix the problem? perhaps if your laptop has keys to turn the backlight on and off you could try that when the screen goes out and see if you can turn it back on - that would assure that is the backlight that needs replacement

once it turns black everything stops working and if i move the mouse or anything it wont do anything, the only way i could get it to work is to turn it off by holding the power button and turning it back on and it works normally again until it gets the black screen randomly, very strange i dont know why its doing this =/.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts