Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am having trouble replacing a keyboard on a laptop. The model is eme627. I have replaced a keyboard before on a dell laptop with no trouble at all. My problem is when I try to unlatch the ribbon it does not want to open up. I have tried using a small flathead screwdriver and a butter knife. I am applying pretty good pressure and I'm afraid to put any more pressure on it or it might break.

Anyone have any tips or enlighten me on what I'm doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
what type of latch is it? are you pushing open both sides? then trying to slip the ribbon cable out? i have only worked on about six or seven laptops, both pc's and dells but in my experience that is how they all are.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
on most laptops ive seen, you need to lift the latch, UP slightly on either side, and it will release the ribbon, if you're having that much trouble, something might be different, can you post a picture? Ive used a little screw driver before for a little leverage but they usually release pretty quick.

then when you reinstall MAKE SURE to firmly seat the cable back in and push that latch back in, if not you might not get functionality of all your keys.

Ive thought a notebook keyboard was bad on a work laptop until i saw the ribbon cable wasn't set properly.

here's a picture:

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/wp-im...keyboard-5.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts