Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a laptop from my uncle he wants me to work on, reinstalled windows (the install would BSOD before it would boot) and it works fine, installing all updates but it gets REAAALLY hot. Not even full load it topped out at 95C/102C on the cores, I looked at the cooling and its like someone just passed it up...

l-1176518235-04.jpg

that little spot in the top right? thats the intake for the fan, the cpu is directly to the right of the ram, and part of it is actually exposed

HP FAIL.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure its not actually his lol cant find my compressed air right now i think my brother stole it hes had it for a few months now and couldnt figure out what was wrong with it i just decided to reinstall windows and it works perfectly now except for the overheating ive blown in it with my mouth but theres like literally nowhere for it to get fresh air but that little place, the fan spins and everything it just doesnt have much to help it

·
Registered
510 Posts
me personally id convince him he needs to sell it and buy a new one because with those temps its a matter of time before its a over sized paper wight might as well sell it and get some money out of it before its not even worth that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts