Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Only one I can think of is the Alienware M11x...but I don't think the battery would last 8 hours (~6 hours is my guess).

• Rep+
Reactions: woodpigeon4

·
Registered
298 Posts
It depends what he is doing with the laptop when he hasnt got a power source availible. I have a m11x and can get around 7-8.5 hours out of it when im on site using wireless, surfing the net a bit and typing up some documents.

I'd say your two options would be:

Alienware M11x

or

Asus UL30VT

The asus is 13", very light and thing with the same processor as the m11x, but with a slower graphics card (210m from memory).

I still highly recommend the m11x, the extra power the graphics card gives you makes it an excellent portable laptop.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Second the Asus UL30Vt! It easily meets all of your hardware requirements, but I'm unsure about the price. There are two versions available in the US; one is $800 and one is $850, and both are available through Amazon. The only difference between the two is case color and the battery that is shipped with the computer.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay, thanks guys, +rep to you all.
Unfortunately, the Asus UL30Vt isn't available in the UK, so whilst it does seem perfect, looks like I won't be able to get it

I'll ask her about the M11x, but I don't reckon she'll want it as it's a bit too manly, if you know what I mean

Also, I don't think she really needs anything that powerful - she's not doing huge projects, so I'd have thought a laptop with an 8600M GT or 4350/4650 would do the trick, although I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking you guys.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hapz
View Post

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/133-A...7-Home-Premium

ive got one, its awesome, i can get ~6 hours, out of it, including wifi youtube music, couple of tv shows

and its light as a feather!

Wow, that does look good. Will the integrated intel GPU be enough for her needs though - like I said it needs to handle photoshop, dreamweaver etc.

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodpigeon4
View Post

Wow, that does look good. Will the integrated intel GPU be enough for her needs though - like I said it needs to handle photoshop, dreamweaver etc.

of course it will, those are CPU intensive apps not GPU

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodpigeon4
View Post

Oh, I'm really sorry for not knowing that
Does that apply to photoshop cs4 as well?

yes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts