Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a floor model HP G72, and while using it i've noticed the screen slowly gets brighter/darker. For example, if I'm in iTunes, it gets slightly brighter every second for 3-5 sconds and seems to stop. That's just one example, but I notice it primarily when there's a lot of white on the screen.

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Does it have a light sensor?

When I had my macbook pro, when I turned down the light in my room the screens dims with it to save energy/easy on the eyes. All Apple products (iPad/Macbooks) have them, this laptop might too, and it may be getting a false reading from the light off the screen, which in itunes, is bright white, so will adjust accordingly if it is a poor/broken sensor.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been checking around through settings, can't find anything. It's weird. When I pull up anything with a white background, say a My Documents window or iTunes, it slowly brightens and settles after a couple of seconds. When I go back to my darker desktop image, it slowly tones back down for a couple seconds.

I'm hoping it's not a problem with the display itself

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMallory View Post
Been checking around through settings, can't find anything. It's weird. When I pull up anything with a white background, say a My Documents window or iTunes, it slowly brightens and settles after a couple of seconds. When I go back to my darker desktop image, it slowly tones back down for a couple seconds.

I'm hoping it's not a problem with the display itself

Does it do it in the bios? If the pattern is predictable (changes brightness when programs only open/close) then I would find what software is doing it. If it's prety random, I'd be worried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts