Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lappy : Acer E5-521 [ A6-6310 Processor with Radeon R4 Graphics up to 2.4 GHz, 8GB RAM, 4GB Graphic RAM , 1GB Dedicated ]
Buddies lappy : Intel i5-3337u [ up to 2.7GHz , 6GB RAM , GeForce 710m , 2GB ] - Dont remember the exact spec

As far as I know , our scores on both this laptops are nearly the same, but my friend is able to run [ Tom Clancy : Ghost Recon Phantoms ]
at 60 fps in its lowest graphics, while mine cant even touch close to 60 fps.

Is this because this laptop is not made for the games , or my drivers or configuration is out of place ?

Thanks in advance for the replies :3

·
Registered
881 Posts
Because its an A6 he may have a lower res screen, whereas business laptops generally have nice screens.

Turns out i need to read. Gonna have to agree, the i5 smokes your A6. even the integrated graphics are startlingly good from intel now.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezKingsleyt View Post

well damn, so the reason is my processor then ? o.o
and if so , u think there is anyway to improve it ?
Laptops are fairly hard to improve, cant just switch out parts. Check that your laptop temps are reasonable, overheating and throttling could be making the performance difference worse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh sure :3 , btw my friend mention something about thermal paste ? We both had removed open our laptops before to add ram and clean it
, but he says that thing plays a big part too-ish ?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Quote:

Oh sure :3 , btw my friend mention something about thermal paste ? We both had removed open our laptops before to add ram and clean it
, but he says that thing plays a big part too-ish ?
It is only responsible for a few degrees, as long as its still a paste and hasnt dried into a powder. Making sure the fan and heatsink are free of dust and hair and all that detrius that accumulates overtime is far more important for cooling. But first, you need to know if you are actually overheating. Grab something like Speedfan or Coretemp, it will show you how your computer is heating up under load. If it is getting so hot it has to throttle back not to cook itself, then you can look into extra cooling options. If thats not it, it simply cannot do it at that resolution. Knock down the resolution as a first step, see if you can hit closer to 60. Make sure everything is at minimum, and that it saved as minimum graphics. I remember at some point i couldnt play a game because i didnt realize i had to save the video config, and it was a stuttery mess till i fixed that.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Quote:

okie
biggrin.gif
, but the highest it ever has been is 62 though o.o
All good, 62 degrees is basically nothing. they can go up to 80 odd degrees easily, so 62 isnt anything to worry about. Have you tried turning down your resolution? that will make the game easier to run.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts