Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my friends laptop will not boot, if you try it will turn on for about 2 seconds and turn off again. the problem is not with the battery. Any help you can give would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is something shorting inside it?

·
Junglist
7,233 Posts
What make? Is it a HP Pavillion DV Series by any chance, I might be able to help you that...

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Can you give more details? Can you tell if the HDD is spinning up? Do you see anything on the screen? Are there any troubleshooting lights? Have you tried with the battery out and plugged in to the wall or battery in and no wall power?

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've no idea of the specs, it's my friends, I don't have it here. Model is Acer Aspire 7520.

·
Banned
11,136 Posts
jsut wnated to tlel you taht it mgiht be the Mtsear Boot Rcerod is bad. Hlod f8 wihle satrtnig up wnidows and see go to Lsat konwn Good Cnofgiatuion and see waht Hppaens

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiftes
View Post

What make? Is it a HP Pavillion DV Series by any chance, I might be able to help you that...

You are clearly thinking fried MoBo?

Have you tried safe mode?

I think swift might be on to something. HP's fry MoBo's.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma8750
View Post

jsut wnated to tlel you taht it mgiht be the Mtsear Boot Rcerod is bad. Hlod f8 wihle satrtnig up wnidows and see go to Lsat konwn Good Cnofgiatuion and see waht Hppaens

Really? drinking this early is no good bro.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma8750
View Post

I think he did that on purpose, but please fix it.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Don't F with the Irish! But the dumb Irishmen is but a fool? I don't see the master boot record as an issue?

But what the hell do I know as I am just a drunken Irishmen myself?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts