Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried this zalman cooler I had on one of my render nods and tried to overclock it and it goes from 32C idle to 51C load. The system overclocked very easly since it only took me a hour or two to overclock its 2x 4400+ to 2.55ghz stable @ 1.348v core. So whats the deal and should I be worried cuz all my other computers don't flux that much.

the zalman look like this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118119

I had it at 2.62 but it hit 60C so I backed the clock down. I can't find any info on whats the critical point the cpu fries but im guessing some where around 67C.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idle was about 30C and load was about 42-43C load stock. And that was before I added zalman sink.

I've barly touched the voltage. I just upped the FSB a little and changed the memory timings and increased the memory voltage because its only patriot ram.

I guess the clock in it self is cuasing the increas in heat?
I'm using a short duck from the zalman to the side pannel to make sure its gets nothing but ambient air. I also threw a 90mm fan in front of the duct and cranked it so force the air down it. so i dono..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts