Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about the oddly named thread name as it was supposed to draw attention

I had a Intel Pentium D 915 OC'd to 3.570 GHz at stock voltage with CNPS9500A Cooling and it maxed out at 50*

And i swapped to an Intel E6300 at stock clocks and stock voltage with a Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme and the it maxed out at 60*, now the build is literally just built and i know i should give it some time but i was wondering if this was ok? :S

Thanks

Edit : Just had a look at HW Monitor and it has Intel Pentium E6300 temps : Core #0 - 44* Core #1 - 43* and yet above it, it has Temperatures - CPUTIN - 64*...... which one do i look at :S

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW to answer Q above, i used a nice amount of Artic Silver 5 and yeah my dad even came and had a look at it too make sure it was good

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffaruni
View Post

BTW to answer Q above, i used a nice amount of Artic Silver 5 and yeah my dad even came and had a look at it too make sure it was good

you dont want alot of thermal paste. btw if your not extremely good with building computers i would highly be against you using a conductive thermal paste. a little bit in the wrong place and bam your chip/mobo is shot

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it seems to be running 'ok' XD and my cpu hasn't given off any smoke JUST yet
but yeah i did use i think a bit too much but not gallons of the stuff, but it is running smooth and fine

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still want to know which temperature gauge to follow as the E6300 temps in HW monitor doesn't change via load or idle but the CPUTIN does but when i put my hand to the cpu cooler itself i feel NO heat what so ever......

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good point! XD

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just realised that CPUTIN is the CPU Case temperature, what ever that is :S and that the other temps are my actual CPU's which is a nice surprise, so ON WITH THE OC, got to 3.8 so far and stress testing as we speak

1 - 10 of 10 Posts