Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, for the past two years I've bene saving specifically for Lasik surgery and I've asked two people how theirs went and one said great and the other one said not good because she had to go back to the doc 3 times to correct it but it's not at 100% on one of her eyes.....

So after seeing this: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/233895...rgery_amazing/

I think I'll go for it. It took a lot longer than I thought it would and it seems painless and easy.......

We'll see.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
did they cut the outer surface of the eye off then glue it back on????

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use a -1.75 prescription, now this dude is telling me that I may not qualify because it's not bad..........maybe it's not a lot of money to be made from people that doesn't have a horrible vision?

You know; the money is not in the cure but the medicine type of thing.

Either way, I'll have to check it out. Would you guys like to see it if I do it?

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
sure, I have been thinking about looking into the lasik surgery for a while now. My eyes are pretty bad. And im only 18, it runs in the family though. I have been wondering how much the procedure would cost.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had it done in 1999 and had zero problems with it, and I think the way they do it these days is even easier on you. The doc I went to even gave me some valium before hand so I would be relaxed.

If you are even halfway considering it I recommend it 100%, Its awesome to wake up and see the clock now!

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
I think I'm going to take the non-surgerical way - put special plastic contacts on my eyes every night, and wake up to 20-20 vision

edit: it's called ortho-k

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by selectodude
They have a new way of doing Lasik where they don't need to cut. That's what i'm waiting for. Knives+eyes=

yeah, really... cutting your eyes open

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
hmm . . im -7.5 in one and -8.0 in the other. . .lasik is supposed to be my college grad present. . .but i think ill also be taking an IOU till knifeless comes out.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Same, my eyes are horrible. Somewhere along the lines of -6.75 and -6.5. I'm on the stuff bentrinh mentioned right now but I think I'll get lasik sooner or later...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts