Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try out some new drivers after reading Ket's Video guide. I installed the StarStorm drivers and got an error. No biggie just went back to Forceware. Of course now I have to re-enable CoolBits and reset my OC. Well I can't get any OC to work. Temps (idle) are at ~62 so I thought i would try upping the voltage to the card. After reboot I now have a corrupt Windows installation. It was late and I haven't had time to screw with it. I do have it with me at work. Which when I got here my work PC was frozen and on reboot, tells me that it can't find ntldr....

Can I get a do-over.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Try starting in safe mode (F8 instead of delete during POST)there should be a menu for safe mode with a choice to boot last known good config...I think that is how you "roll back" the computer to its last properly working state.

Guys, feel free to chime in, its been a while since I fragged a computer so bad.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
You could try pressing F8 while booting to take you into the startup menu, and then select 'Last known good configuration'. That might put you back in windows' good books.

Also, that Cannot find NTLDR thingy can just mean you have got a floppy disk in your drive...

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Dang, after seeing thr title I thought this was going to be fruity, but never mind...

If your going for last known good configuration be careful, it can be a pain in the ass to get right. Last time I did it windows screwed up my whole life, and I had to reset everything

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

Dang, after seeing thr title I thought this was going to be fruity, but never mind...

Get your mind out of the gutter...especially after last nights posts on the Girlfriend Pics thread

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
(sorry)

• Rep+
Reactions: xms

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The work computer was fixed by removing an old IDE hard drive. Once I took that guy out, booted up normally. Going to try a repair on my home rig now.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
sounds like you may of ran into a certain set of beta drivers that i ran into a while ago, the drivers nuked my whole windows install
your lucky you can just run a repair i would think. oh and NTLDR is a program loaded from the hard drive boot sector that displays the Microsoft Windows NT startup menu and helps Microsoft Windows NT load. makes sence considering XPs core is a reworked NT core. 99% of the time a repair from the CD works for that error.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts