Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello OCN,
I play competitve cs 1.6 online (at home, not lans)
well, now I buy the AD700 to replace my 7H by SteelSeries.
and since I'm playing CounterStrike 1.6, which use Half-Life 1 engine, which have EAX 2.0..which support by Asus STX.
Also, I want to know if I dont miss something/get better one for the price.
beacause its also have build-in amp (AD700 need little power, no?)

edit:just see that is also support A3D sound tech too! which gives big advanged at CS 1.6 (but exept CS 1.6, its dead and unused anymore - dead.)

Well, What do you think guys?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi;13027440
that combo is more than fine.
I'm in kinda of dilemma since all says that CREATIVE is for games and have sound more for gaming and asus for music.
But in the game I played Asus seems to be better beacause its support the technologic sounds of it (a3d 1, eax 2.0).
But again, alot of people said that the CREATIVE have better sound ingames.

what should I do??

thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
You could just get the ASUS Xonar DG. It supports up to EAX 5.0 titles using the GX 2.5 engine. It's a solid card, very inexpensive and performs beautifully.

It's much cheaper and includes a built in headphone amp. I don't know if the ST does or not (amp).

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just notice the ST is cost in my country a little more - 22$ more and see in the Description that its have the same Functions (EAX 2, A3D 1 and build-in amp) - there is other diffrents between the two models exept price? (STX, ST)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for double-posting, how is the Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe 7.1 PCI-E‎ compered to STX / ST ?

and what better between ST vs STX

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is any better alternative for the AD700 for gaming ?, since I'll buy the ST/SX/DELUXE that all of them have build-in amp.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinin1;13038887
There is any better alternative for the AD700 for gaming ?, since I'll buy the ST/SX/DELUXE that all of them have build-in amp.
It looks like Counter-Strike supports Dolby, which most Xonar cards have (just not the DS).

I would say keep the AD700s, there a match for my Beyerdynamic DT 770 80-Ohm in all but bass.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TBH I dont care about bass, All I want is good pos audio, I can give a push to my budget, but I want to know if that's worth it.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
you won't need amping for the AD700 however the ST/STX have better quality sound regardless. There's no real difference between ST and STX except the connector interface.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts