Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ryzen Torturer
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated my B350 Strix BIOS to the latest one a while ago (38xx). Since then i have had some issues with the rig. Netflix would crash the browser (latest FireFox) and i was getting sporadic BSOD's CTD's etc. So figured it was the memory. Upto flashing the BIOS i was 10 pass HIGH AVX IBT [email protected] 34,14,14,14 c14 @3200MHz 1.35v. After the BIOS i'm now not stable at all at those settings (crashes on 2nd pass HIGH!).

So i reset the mem OC using the D.O.C.P which gives me [email protected] 39,18,18,18 c18 and ran IBT HIGH and it crashed on the 2nd pass!! I will type my "notes" below and you can see that some times settings will pass IBT then i change something (timings etc) and it will crash...... SO i set it back to settings that passed BEFORE just mins earlier.... And it crashes a few passes into the tests (!!??). I have no idea why tbh. Here are my "findings"

Reset to AUTO/D.O.C.P. Passed 10 pass STANDARD IBT.
Crashed on 2nd pass HIGH...
Raised VDIMM to 1.4v and ProcODT to 60ohms.
Crashed 2nd pass HIGH...
Reset VDIMM and ProcODT.
Try Cmd2T AUTO.
Crashed on 6th pass HIGH... (started to figure it was 1T/2T related).
Set to Cmd2T ENABLED.
Passed 10 pass HIGH!! (Ah haaa i thought!).
Try with 1T and GearDown ENABLED.
Passed 10 pass HIGH!! (WOOOP i thought!!).......
I then procedded to try various timings (36,16) and (34,14) etc both crashed on the 2nd pass HIGH.....
Figuring i wasn't going to get the 34,14 timings i could in the old BIOS i set it back to the defaults (39,18) and expected it to pass like it did before....

.... Crashed 2nd pass HIGH. Whatever "tweaks" i use might buy me a few more passes at it but WON'T allow it to pass the test as it once did. I guess i could "force" flash one of the older BIOS's that worked but tbh like to keep the latest one as the platform is new and tbh needs MOAR BIOS's. This is very frustrating as i'm a bit of a newb regarding Ryzen and can't seem to get it "just so" it's worse because once stable "reliable" settings are no longer passing as they once did and tbh i'm not sure what to set to make it stable and the fact that a reboot/changing OTHER settings in BIOS can mess up stable BIOS settings isn't helping..... Any tips would be very much welcome. I just want 3200Mhz stable as it once was imho.

Thanx.

·
Ryzen Torturer
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More tests......

Added 0.01250v to SoC (1.112v) and set VDIMM to 1.36v...
Failed on the 10th pass IBT HIGH. **Best so far**
Raised SoC one notch (1.118v)...
Failed on 2nd pass IBT HIGH!!!!!!!
Lowered SoC back down one. Raised VDIMM to 1.37v...
Failed on 2nd pass IBT HIGH..... (!!).

So i set everything back to the above settings which passed 9 passes and failed on the last.......

Failed on 2nd pass IBT HIGH...... Im really stuck here people tbh. I can't understand why settings that MINUTES ago got further are now crashing a few passes in. Temps are fine (highest recorded temp while testing was 47c!!!).

Thanx.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts